Megatruckers

Talk about everything else here.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Megatruckers

Post #11 by tctractors » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Just thought I would say if you ever see a pic' or a vid' of some Aussie Heavy Haul antics with a multi' tractor hook up at the front of the load, if the lead tractor is a Merc Titan all the other K'W's etc are getting pulled along out of gear,(Brake units only) as nothing beats a Titan (only a Diamond T980/1 in looks alone), that Stobbart drivel makes me cringe, what a load of "Midland Bankers" they should all be made to re-take the driving test?? but the biggest load of crap is the Ice Road thingy, the drivers dont need a map or out' the road sort of goes upto a Y with a turn off left or right, but the dim duffers still go the wrong way, then drive for hours without seeing any other traffic, when they spot another truck miles off coming towards them, they Crash??? they need to head into London and see a bit of action.

tctractors

p.s. the Trawler Men was a great series with loads of fags smoked and rough Seas that made me feel ill to watch, some tough old dogs on those boats.

jcb4cx

Post #12 by jcb4cx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 pm

how about one of these , cat powered :think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs2H0trPWaM
every village has one , is yours missing you

tctractors

Post #13 by tctractors » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:35 am

the Titan is built in a range of power and traction outputs, the Tractormas comes with its own Bingo Hall on its back and does not scare a Titan, as for the CAT engine I think the Merc has the better lump stuffed into it, their was plenty of big traction units built in Europe Floor Trailers built the mighty FTF that was a great chunk of iron, Floor Trailers is now part of Nooteboom Trailers.
tctractors

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #14 by Mrsmackpaul » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 am

tctractors wrote: as nothing beats a Titan

tctractors

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my god I've heard it all now as we say in this wide brown land "tell him he's dreamin" still I suppose you cant be blamed if you dont no a real truck that has more than just shiney bits are well you learn one day seeya

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

bigkit

Post #15 by bigkit » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm not a Merc fan but wot do I know!? I still like the Volvo and Scania but they may not be the best at everything!

Hey TC, had an A40 on the 3 axle 8'2 semi today behind the 144, not that heavy but it looks BIG on there! :lol:

tctractors

Post #16 by tctractors » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Mrs mackpaul, you must be a big fan of the chrome junk, you must be a Heavy Haul expert, here in the U.K. it is common to see 730 hp and now 760 hp tractors running loads, but the big loads cop a Titan, if a KW was any good here we would use em' so keep the dream real.
tctractors

bigkit

Post #17 by bigkit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 am

I will say............a KW on our roads would be a nightmare!!!!! With a wheelbase and a bonnet like that Swindon would be a f*cker! :lol:

tctractors

Post #18 by tctractors » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:48 am

Some things I print are often ;) :roll: but the comment about the Merc at the front of the K.W's with the K.W's sort of not in gear is a bit of a P~## take, but the Titans are built for big weight and prove their point in Europe working on some fair hills, the Alps etc.
tctractors

Topic author
v64paul

Post #19 by v64paul » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:55 am

Wow,that stirred up some reaction... 68a , it was not that kind of injury . Broken finger,fractured knuckle, snapped tendon, two crushed arteries (1 did not survive) , 2 fractured metatarsal, wiring to to fractures some permanent some not. Oh and around 30 stitches, 6 days in hospital and 7 weeks off. Back in now, doing most stuff with my left hand but my right is getting better. Yes people this fitting lark is easy....
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #20 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 am

Hey settle down fellas I was only haven a laugh didnt mean to start world war three I aint no KW fan I do prefer my Mack or Federal I aint no expert at nothing

Paul

:backto:

v64paul you take care of yourself and thanks for the link I will still keep an eye out for the show I enjoy looking at new and older trucks tractors crawler tractors and almost any kind if gear :thumbup:
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Off Topic”