Megatruckers

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
v64paul

Re: Megatruckers

Post #31 by v64paul » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Nicky, it's all good now ! Although a couple of days after the accident i was'nt; some delayed shock i reckon. I'm on course for the Hatton in the summer, i'll bring big al along. By then he will be enjoying his leisure time ...
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #32 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:54 pm

68a wrote:
Mrsmackpaul wrote:Tony you lost me at the start of your last post not sure what "cop a hump over flash head lights means" not in my Aussie language anyway

Paul

Hi Paul.I think he means that he didn't get upset about it.Other lines on this subject include 'didn't see his arse',not going into a 'huff' and been pretty chilled on the issue.
Sometimes sarcasim,wit,dry humour or just abit of general banter don't allways come across on the web to well.
By the way....what's with the Mrsmackpaul name?
Best regards. :)

mrsmack is the name of my old R model mack had a complete love affair at first sight the wife still has her nose out of joint she will get over it and if she dont thats her problem lol have hauled many a ton with her up hill down dale she's loud hot and rides as rough as sounds like the perfect woman maybe????? anyway the name stuck years ago and it can cause some embarassment but we all end up having a laugh seeya oh yeah I thought that might be what it meant but wasnt sure it's a big world out there

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

68a

Post #33 by 68a » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Like it mrsmackpaul :lol:

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #34 by tctractors » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Mrsmackpaul wrote:
tctractors wrote: as nothing beats a Titan

tctractors

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my god I've heard it all now as we say in this wide brown land "tell him he's dreamin" still I suppose you cant be blamed if you dont no a real truck that has more than just shiney bits are well you learn one day seeya

Paul

Well I think I have the stamp of you paul from "The Brown Land" it would seem the mouth and the brain are on different loads, but you stick in your own dream about what you might know or think you know???
it might help you with your quest for truck knowledge to look up a few details on Heavy Haulage in Europe, to see loads being shifted without the lash-ups your pals manage in Oz, the 1 load I think was a Conveyor that was tipped over on a flat stretch of road? then the engine job that was tipped onto a Train? these are just 2 little loads that make Trucking Fun.
dont choke on your Dummy tctractors

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #35 by bigkit » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Megatruckers.......blaahhh......this is becoming megaruckers! :lol: Still, a little intercontinental rivalry is healthy..........right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TrevorJ

Post #36 by TrevorJ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:50 am

Ah it's really just a matter of horses for courses.

I'm sure most fellas (and gals) could get by with a truck with plenty of power and good traction.

Of course sometimes it's going to get so muddy and slippery nothing much helps ... but it helps not to tell a client - no worries you've got diff lock, get stuck on the single access road, and then admit, only ONE diff has diff lock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously unless a bloke had plenty of money, more money than sense, or he was "lucky" to pull a well paying load every time, they're not going with anything newish and expensive into the rough all the time. It's why you don't see limousines as a common feature on rough old country roads.

As for "reality" tv, yup, that's the only place that comes to mind where I've seen a Benz in the rough ... mind the show credits sort of inferred Benz was a paying sponsor. ;)

Mrsmackpaul

Post #37 by Mrsmackpaul » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:45 am

tony old mate I cant tell weather your getting cranky at me or having a joke, Im just having a laugh and hope you are to it's a bit hard to tell over the key board but as they say over "Im living the dream" now dont you go and burst my bubble on me :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Off Topic”