First letter sent....

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
ben_uk

Re: First letter sent....

Post #91 by ben_uk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for the replies lads :thumbs_up:

Well another 11 letters sent out just now :)

Thanks Jo sent one anyway, not getting my hopes up though :thumbs_up:

As for Castlebridge Plant in Scotland, i think Scotland is alittle far to travel but thanks anyway argie :thumbs_up:

Not getting my hopes up, but i carnt just sit here doing nothing :lol:

I got some more labouring work starting next monday 19th jan so get some more money in then.

Cheers lads :thumbs_up:

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #92 by ben_uk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Morning !

Well had 5 replies so far from the 12 letters i sent, no sign of a job yet :cry:

Oakfield replied Jo nice letter from mark, keep trying etc but no chance of employment yet.

It really depresses me, i really wanna get a start somewhere but just carnt.

Started back this morning on the same site i was with before christmas, got there for 0730 start around for 2 hours because of weather then got sent home !!!! i aint going back tomorrow rang the agency and told them. Gonna wait for another job to come up not going back to that site its a joke.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #93 by Joes1989 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Who you get the other replies from?

Ill let you know when i think theres a chance for you mate....would be nice to get a fellow young guy on machines! Although there is another guy younger than you already lol

Joe

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #94 by ben_uk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Joes1989 wrote:Who you get the other replies from?

Ill let you know when i think theres a chance for you mate....would be nice to get a fellow young guy on machines! Although there is another guy younger than you already lol

Joe

Cheers Jo :thumbs_up:

lol how olds he ? same as you ? your 19 right ?

I still feel young, but 24 i guess is mid twenties :!: 25 this July :o time flys !!!! its scary.

Joes1989

Post #95 by Joes1989 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 pm

No he's the son of the guy that trained me on the machine and is 22 or 23 so not much younger than you! Yeh im 19 (20 of March 28th!)

Who you get the replies off mate? i only got one from Oakfield back.

Joe

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #96 by ben_uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Alright Jo,

The 5 companies that replied where, Oakfield, Weldon, GKL, DFC Services and Midland Plant Hire.

I wrote to 12 so awaiting another 7 replies :roll: :( dont think i will hear anything now.

Out out work again at the mo :(

Going into nottingham and registering with another agceny again tomorrow morning :)

What job u working on at the moment Jo ?

Cheers Ben :thumbs_up:

Joes1989

Post #97 by Joes1989 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Im working at Beaumont Leys still now but we've only got 8 weeks to get it done! Should do it ok but it will be tight! We're just putting the finishing touches to it really. Some of the guys on our machines know the midland plant owner and he never buys new machines! Just old ones that look new!

Joe

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #98 by ben_uk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Last update for this thread, thanks for the advice from everyone !!

Well last week i was offered an interview for a ICT Technicians job at a local school, which i attended on Thursday and out of the 4 that where there for the job i got it :shock: i was shocked to say the least but have accepted it and started yesterday.

Its a really good job in the terms of money, stability and career progression. I know i will enjoy the job its a bit of a change from being in construction for the last 3 years but i used to work in IT before i started building.

So it means my plans of becoming a plant operator are over, been trying since early last year and not got a start anywhere and i just carnt carry on waiting. I am alittle sad but no i have made the right move for me at this stage in my life.

On a side note though i got to tell u all, i started yesterday with the guy i am replacing he finishs on thursday this week. So then it will just be me and the ICT Manager running the school.
Dinner time yesterday a call comes in and turns out the ICT Manager was involved in a serious accident on saturday and is now in intensive care at the local hospital, he was run over by a bus in the centre of nottingham while he was riding his push bike, i dont no all the details but its not looking good ! Some of u who may live in notts would of seen it on the front of the local evening paper.

Just want to say thanks again for all the advice everyone has given me on theses boards ! :thumbs_up:

I will still be around looking at the pictures people upload !

Also on hand for any IT related qestions lol :lol:

Thanks Ben :thumbs_up:

john345me

Post #99 by john345me » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:39 pm

there is still time ben its hard every were at the min :thumbs_up: dont give up

Joes1989

Post #100 by Joes1989 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Ben,

Its good to hear you've found a job you like....although its a shame that you've been trying when times are hard! I mean i was lucky as i started just before the economy went tits up.
I was quite looking forward to seeing you on some of our sites in our machines someday! If the chance came with us somewhere down the line would you be interested or not now?

Joe

Return to “Off Topic”