Testicular Cancer.

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
jimmy 130

Testicular Cancer.

Post #1 by jimmy 130 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Sorry if this is a repost. My Names James im 24 im from county antrim in Northern ireland. I work in my familys plant hire business mulholland plant hire I'v posted a few pics of some of our plant up recently some of you might have saw. Around june time last year while as my mates describe it (layn scratching my bollocks) :D I noticed a small lump on my left testical, Thinking it was nothing but wanting to get it checkd out i got an apointment with my local GP. He sent me off to antrim hospital for an ultrasound scan. One friday evening shortly after my scan, the doctor sat me down and told me (you have cancer). :dizzy: I was next sent to get it removed followed by CT scans Where they later told me it had spread from the testical and started to develope in lymph nodes in my stomach. Then came the tuff part. 3 to 4 months of cemotherapy. Let me tell This was the Worst and hardest thing i'v ever done in my life.Whats this got to do with plant and machinery most of you are probly askin. When asked by doctor wha my job was, He said you'd be in regulair contact with diesal,hyd oil and grease then?? He told me something about some of these have chemicals in them that could have links to cancer. Now i'v lost count of number of times i'v refueled greased or put pipes on for attachments, and Decided to (Take Wee Jimmy riddle for a Piddle) Before geting back into cab. And lets be honest how many of you Wash your hands BEFORE you go to toilate?? :lol: I just want to tell all the men on here to give them a good feel and if your worried about anything go to your doctor. its only 10mins of embaressment but it could save your life. I was lucky as cemotherapy worked. But i still have to attend hospital everymonth for scans and blood tests. Im now trying to get back on track and get back to work. But my energy levels are very very low and the cemo has messed up my bowels. But hopefully with time all will sort itself out. Thanks for reading this James.
Last edited by jimmy 130 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

essexpete

Re: Testicular Cancer.

Post #2 by essexpete » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Brave post James and good luck. Another one to take seriously for blokes over 50 is prostate cancer.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm

James I am sincerely pleased that you got the all clear, being a former HGV mechanic (grease monkey) I did worry sometimes that there was a possibility of developing such unwanted forms of cancer latter in life.
I must say that while I appear to of been rather fortunate it can happen to any bloke whether you work in oil/grease or not, there was a smashing gent who I worked at the last company where I was employed who developed testicular cancer and I know what he went through.
The good news is that he did make a full recovery but this ailment is something that I would not wish to see inflicted on any man so all men please heed the good advice above.

Jeremy

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Glad it worked out ok.There are a lot of different types of cancers out there.The secret is if you suspect things are not right,contact youir doctor straight away as early diagnosis can save life.
I have known too many good friends that left it too late.
Martyn

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by bigkit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:41 pm

All I can say is good on you James and we all wish you the best. :bow: :thumbup:

And let that be a lesson to the rest of you.........dont stop sractching your bollocks at work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #7 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi James
I admire your courage and motives for making this post.
I hope it helps someone face up to adifficult and emberrasing problem and get the help they need.
I'm glad its working out for you and I wish you the verry best.
Fred

Topic author
jimmy 130

Post #8 by jimmy 130 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Just want to thank everyone for your nice replys. A big thank you to everybody.

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #9 by gah1950 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 pm

hello jimmy 130.
as you said it may be ten minutes of embarasment but wtf you did the right thing and things were caught in time,how many times have we all had aches and pains and ignored them ? thousands i expect, but you made a decision to get it checked and it has been a good outcome.i wish you a quick and speedy recovery and have a good christmas and new year.
graham.

Desert Driver
Flag: Great Britain

Post #10 by Desert Driver » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi boys
Try watching this ( best on your own :oops: :oops: :D :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4jI3CoqIk

Regards Keith

Return to “Off Topic”