https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LkoEA0oZVI

the excavator climbs a hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGm7xXzaumc

FatCatGotHot
Flag: Germany

Re: Menck M154 german rope excavator dragline

Post #12 by FatCatGotHot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Wolfgang,

great shots of some serious clamshell action. I bet you know the book "Menck Seilbagger Album" by Leo Helmschrott and i bet you know the photos of a Menck Mb operated by Charlie, swinging a wrecking ball. Its backside high in the air, Diesel fuel swapping out of its roof mounted tank. It must be a photo from the seventies, but its real close to your video.

I know your models from the rc-baustelle and I'm really enjoying them - its the combination of quiet simple methods and materials and a high level of details you are achieving. :brravo: Your models are quite an encouragement.

For my part, I've never built a rc model, but I enjoy to improve 1/87 model kits. As a guy born in Hamburg and a real Menck-fan, the Kibri kit is a must have. I've invested quite an amount of work into this model of a M154, including scratchbuilt tracks and FOPS, a superdetailed drivetrain an some weathering - its the first model on wich I used my airbrush. Its not completed yet, e.g. the grapple guide is still missing.

Now, building a rc 1/87 Menck EN electric quarry shovel would be really cool....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Seilbagger

Re: Menck M154 german rope excavator dragline

Post #13 by Seilbagger » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Hello all,

some newer pics of the M154

M154409.JPG

M154407.JPG

M154405.JPG

M154404.JPG

M154403.JPG

M154401.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Earthmoving models”