CAT 777

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
rpfowler

CAT 777

Post #1 by rpfowler » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:28 pm

At long last all the parts for my kits are here to detail the Norscot into something reasonable.

It's a slippery slope, bearing in mind that the Norscot has many faults, but this is what can now be achieved.

This has had a respray but kept the original handrails. I do not do them in the kit because to get the best they want to be brass.

777D
DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

This one has had new brass handrails made and the front radiator cut out and replaced in addition to the kit parts.

777D Power edge

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0258.JPG

Finally the new B/C variant dump body has arrived, which I am very pleased with how it has come out. I will post pics just as soon as I have one mounted up!

I have now finally got to a position where I can model with reasonable accuracy probably the most popular dump truck used in the UK coal mines.

Kr

R :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

argie
Flag: Wales

Re: CAT 777

Post #2 by argie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Richard,
That is absolutely spot on. Looks like you've put a lot of work into the conversion :claphands:
Paul

Topic author
rpfowler

Post #3 by rpfowler » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 am

Here are the very first pics of the new B / C variant dump body. It is actually modelled on a C variant body and then "adjusted" to fit the norscot. Key differences to the previous OHS version are: different width, different height, lack of twist and crispness of the resin casting. To achieve this required me to make a new master.

DSC_0259.JPG

From the rear.

DSC_0254.JPG

Side view, note it is only slightly wider than the cab and the rears need the rock protection guards.

DSC_0256.JPG

Enjoy!

KR

R :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Renaultman

Post #4 by Renaultman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Very nice, cannot wait to have some spare cash to buy a couple of kits. As we speak I'm building a 777(A) body, Can you tell me what the diference is between the 777(A) tyres and the others. I bet yours won't stand out as much as the norscots tyres.

Topic author
rpfowler

Post #5 by rpfowler » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:19 am

Geraint

The original A variant ran on 24 x 49 tires, but later on in their lives often got reshod with the new rims and the later 27 x 49 tires, which are what I have done. There are many other differences with the "true" A variant which is why I have not modelled it including cab, width of the top deck etc.

Consequently, you would not be being unjust to put the later spec wheels on it an A style body. The Wimpey mining pics are a case in point.

Kr

R

Renaultman

Post #6 by Renaultman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:38 am

Just what I wanted to hear, the A wasn't going to be painted in CAT Yellow, but another colour that I'll keep quiet for now. Do you have any pics of the top deck from a 777a, thanks.

Return to “Earthmoving models”