NZG.JCB 807

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
derv

NZG.JCB 807

Post #1 by derv » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi.Newbie to the forum ;)

I'm currently going to start restoring a NZG JCB 807. I did one before pictured using "fiat yellow" instead of the proper jcb yellow which in my opinion was just slightly too light in shade.question is can you get spray cans from the JCB dealer itself?

Also does anyone know wether these machines where able to be fitted with Hydraulic hammers? or have a picture of one with it fitted? I do know of one many years ago owned by a local firm "Torith ltd" had one with hydraulic hammer.but i can't recall the piping layout in particular on the arm itself, which i would like to do to this one..so any help would be greatly appreciated..

For resto

The other below restored & later sold painted with "fiat yellow"

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: NZG.JCB 807

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Greetings Robert and a big welcome to CMN :thumbs_up:
The paint you need is called Golden yellow .. the older JCB's pre75 was called Lemon yellow, its a ford colour .. i can get you a tin of golden yellow if you PM me. the white for cab is again a ford colour, diamond white, and the red they did use was post office red, but for scale colour i use Volkswagen Mars red, both these you can get from Halfords.

Martyn

DaveS

Post #3 by DaveS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 pm

derv wrote:"Torith ltd"

Hi Robert, welcome to CMN!

I take it you come from the Dundee area?

Dave. S.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Joes1989 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 pm

I would imagine that you can still get the paint from the facotry but it might be rather expenisive

Joe

Jack

Post #5 by Jack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey Derv Nice to see you here, your recovery fleet will need a lowloader now.! :lol:

Topic author
derv

Post #6 by derv » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome's guys

Jack wrote:Hey Derv Nice to see you here, your recovery fleet will need a lowloader now.! :lol:

I can just imagine seeing a 1/50 lowloader with a 1/35 scale jcb on the back :insomnia: :lol:

DaveS wrote:
derv wrote:"Torith ltd"

Hi Robert, welcome to CMN!

I take it you come from the Dundee area?

Dave. S.

Yep live on the outskirts of Dundee.

Martyn Henley wrote:Greetings Robert and a big welcome to CMN :thumbs_up:
The paint you need is called Golden yellow .. the older JCB's pre75 was called Lemon yellow, its a ford colour .. i can get you a tin of golden yellow if you PM me. the white for cab is again a ford colour, diamond white, and the red they did use was post office red, but for scale colour i use Volkswagen Mars red, both these you can get from Halfords.

Martyn

Thanks Martyn. Yeah i used the diamond white on the cab.can't remember the red i used think it was ford aswell..Ah "golden yellow" Because i'm in the motortrade i can get paints made up in spray cans.last time i asked about JCB yellow it was going to cost a fair bit to get it.so after looking through the colour charts.i think i remember seeing another yellow shade which i though was too dark.will ask them and see if they have that colour or make it up..

Also a question on this particular machine . does anyone know why a number plate was on the back of the cab. if i remember it ended in T or R as in the year? as you don't see it on machines now?

Jack

Post #7 by Jack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Oh, I Thought it Was 1:50 !

Return to “Earthmoving models”