CCM CAT D11 R 1:87

Discuss earthmoving models here

Topic author
FatCatGotHot
Flag: Germany

CCM CAT D11 R 1:87

Post #1 by FatCatGotHot » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Here is my D11 with its proud operator posing in the quarry. Its a great model, with photoetched radiator and visible fan, working pin-puller, track tensioners....

I have made an an slip-plow for the ripper, using Evergreen plastic profiles. But still have to take pictures.

Hope you enjoy it.

Max
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

niner

Re: CCM CAT D11 R 1:87

Post #2 by niner » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Wow, the detail on that for a small model is amazing. Nicely posed on the job too :thumbup:

I would love to see some close up pics of the detail if you have time?

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #3 by v8detroit » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

niner wrote:Wow, the detail on that for a small model is amazing. Nicely posed on the job too :thumbup:

I would love to see some close up pics of the detail if you have time?
heres a few of my 1:87 stuf 3 komatsu 400/450 white superdozer /yellow superdozer and 6 versions D11r`s .If i was you i would not do any modifications to these models as you would destroy there value .regards john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
FatCatGotHot
Flag: Germany

Post #4 by FatCatGotHot » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 pm

I tried to make some close-ups, but my camera just wont focus. There is a special modus in the camera set-up menu, but it doesnt help. Sorry folks, no detail shots so far!

John, I am aware of the collectors value of this model. The slip-plow can be mount by removing the original ripper shank using the pin puller. No glue will touch this little jewel, nothing will scratch the paint work. It can be easily set back to original status.

BTW, I hope I will never have to sell it. For a 1:87 scale model, it was very expensive, yes, but its made like the real D11 in almost every aspect. And for a D11, it was quite inexpensive.

Return to “Earthmoving models”