Workshop manuals for a Thwaites 4 tonner

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
CaraLoft86

Workshop manuals for a Thwaites 4 tonner

Post #1 by CaraLoft86 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Hello all, I was hoping this newbie could ask the collected wisdom here for some help...

I have a Thwaites 4 tonne 'Mark 2 Power Swivel Skip Dumper' that's a 4WD, with a Perkins D3.152 engine, dating to '94. Now, I'm in the process of trying to sort a faulty electrical problem but have now reached a dead-end that would be greatly helped with access to a complete Perkins manual - the one I have (and the one you guys have available on your website, which is great resource) seems to be missing the last two and half chapters or so (if you believe the contents page). So it seems some of the electrics chapter is missing on these copies. It would also be really useful to be able to locate a Thwaites workshop manual for this particular dumper model - I've trawled the web to no avail.

So my questions are these: is the Perkins manual actually incomplete; and is there such a thing as a Thwaites manual/where might I be able to find one?!

Thanks for any help you could offer on this. And its great to know that my aged JCB and this dumper have more of an appreciative audience than just myself!

C.

Return to “Dumpers”