Barford 100 Dumper

Discuss dumpers here

mgandy74

Re: Barford 100 Dumper

Post #11 by mgandy74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello. Im a new member. I was brought to this site when using Google to identify the dumper I recently purchased. Yours is a Barford not a Benford and should have a very fancy shaped i.d. / manufacturers plate plus another smaller plate with just its i.d. which would have been rivetted onto the outrigger under the bucket-usually in the middle. I thought mine was a Benford but it seems certain to be a 15CWT 2WD Liner Roughrider. Its been in dry storage for at least 20 years moving with its previous engineering firm owners around the Chesterfied area. It was immediatley pressed into service on my small holding and has now had its body panels de-rusted and hammerited. It starts well (usually) but stops badly. The brake linings keep oiling up from seal leaks which I havnt had time to fully repair yet
I saw a link of a dumper restoration that was painted orange but cant find it now! I think mine was originally bright red but then badly overpainted yellow. Its now dark green smoothrite!

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by XS650 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:17 am

A few pics of the tool box would be very handy, and those "foot rest" things in front of the pedals - mine have both "gone". Thanks!

from the aforementioned film-

BARFORD.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

heritage machining

Post #13 by heritage machining » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 pm

has anyone got a pic of the plate off their barford 100 dumper including location i think mine may be one but i think someone has changed the rear wings

Return to “Dumpers”