Nasty Nordverks

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Dowsett Boy

Nasty Nordverks

Post #1 by Dowsett Boy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Has anyone had any experience of Nordverk articulated dumpers.My memory of them are a very unreliable piece of plant always overheating fitters dream for overtime.

DaveS

Re: Nasty Nordverks

Post #2 by DaveS » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Tony,

My mate in Perthshire still has one. Possibly originally ex-Tarmac it came from a lime works where thay had several. He must have had it about 20 years now. Had lots of problems with the transmission in the early days - manuals we have are for Clarke, and this one has a Twin-Disc, or the other way around :dizzy: !!

The rocking front axle takes a bit of getting used to as the articulation joint only does the steering. I think they were unique in that respect.

Lots of them about at one time. SLDC sold them alongside Michigan loaders IIRC.

Norverk are still on the go making car components and warehouse racking sytems.

Dave. S.

Topic author
Dowsett Boy

Post #3 by Dowsett Boy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Dave S
It was on Tarmacs that Iexperienced the Nordverks .When they were running they would go places that other dumpers couldnt but the downtime was unbelievable.Always off to SLD for spares.Have you come across Haulamatics Tarmacs had a fleet of these at the same time.At the same time Tarmac took delivery of 10( if my memories correct) Euclid R35s .They were tramped from Dover docks straight to site.
During construction of the M20 one of the R35s tried to go under a bridge with the body up.I believe I have some photos of this.Unbelievably it was being driven by a young lady who had been made up to a driver from a checker by one of the slashers .Certainly did not have to have cards in them days.

DaveS

Post #4 by DaveS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Here's a picture showing the Nordverk swinging axle in operation.

The big difference between them and other makes of ADT was that you cannot tip the trailer on its side without pulling the front end over too! And you'll know how often the trailers fall over! :dizzy:

Dave. S.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dumpers”