Flag: Great Britain

Re: George Fowell OR Fowler Dumpers

Post #181 by E83Wvince » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:40 pm

It's out with 2 seals both are shot

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #182 by cobbadog » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:02 am

Good work on getting it out. Make sure everything is spotlessly clean before putting it back together. What type of seals does this have?
Cheers Cobba

E83Wvince

Post #183 by E83Wvince » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:48 am

Unsure what seals the top is about 3mm wide and the bottom less than 10 the block is not too bad very clean around the seal seats no pitting I've checked the crank for scores it's not too bad considering it's still standard I'm getting a complete rebuild kit so I'm going to remove the rest of the liners
the farmer has mentioned when it's put back together I should go plowing or something like to really put it under stress to bed it in fingers crossed Vince

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #184 by cobbadog » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:44 am

Some diesels seal the top simply by how much the liner protrudes above the block and the head gasket seals it. Some use a shim to make it protrude and seal against the head gasket. Sorry I do not know what system this would use.
An indication will be in the kit you get to do the rebuild or they will ask you before sending it out to you. There will be someone here that can answer you and give you good advise.
Cheers Cobba

dixie-normous

Post #185 by dixie-normous » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:43 pm

The top o ring is smaller than the bottom one and should be in the kit. The top recess in the block needs to be spotlessly clean, drop the liner in without the o rings and measure the liner protrusion, it needs to be between 2 and 4 thou. Turn the liner in the block and keep measuring until you get the correct measurement (if its still over 4 thou then clean the recess some more) and once you have it mark the position of the liner, remove it and fit the o rings and re-install it. If it measures under 2 thou then you will need to get some shims as they don't come in the kit. When you have all the liners and pistons in, try not to turn the crankshaft until the head is fitted as the friction of the pistons can cause the liners to lift. The farmer is correct, ploughing is the best way to get the rings to bed in
John
Black smoke don't mean it's broke, keep it flat out like a badger on a bypass

E83Wvince

Post #186 by E83Wvince » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:33 pm

E83Wvince

Post #187 by E83Wvince » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:34 pm

I've been offered this dumper it has a lister petter ava1 Im not interested if anyone is please contact me and I'll pass on contact details

Return to “Dumpers”