George Fowell OR Fowler Dumpers

Discuss dumpers here

cliffnemo

Re: George Fowell OR Fowler Dumpers

Post #31 by cliffnemo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:32 pm

I had the same fun when loading a Priestsman cub sideways on to a flatbed. Put resin on the cone clutches, shot up the ramps and off the other side.

Lampeter

Post #32 by Lampeter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm

We have one of these light dumpers, its the later type the brass plate just says Patent 20343 and made by George Fowell Ltd, Address, Recommended Shell Lubs, Serial,Engine numbers

its my Grandfathers really (he still used to start it in his late 70s) but its been sat outside for the last 20 years

I pumped up the tyres at the weekend and turned the motor fine, just need to free up the other rusted parts, get some welding done and start it... Great little dumper good for logs and stone walling. the plan is to get it working again and stop anymore corrosion

Re the clutch.. I drove this one on to a bonfire when I was 16, that was the only time I ever drove it ... I never asked to borrow it again :doh:

Also got 3 rusty British Ananzi Iron Horses that will be turned into projects one day!

It did have a number plate painted on the back but the rust has made it unrecogniseable is there any way to find this out from the Chasiss/Engine number?

Cheers
Paul

nuffield

Post #33 by nuffield » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi, all

I'm new to the network.

Just joined, as I am the new owner of "Norma the Dumper" which I purchased at the end of last year & have started the process of restoration. Attached is a picture posted by previous owner.

Finally managed to get it running on Sunday, having had the pump & injector refurbed. It now runs & moves. However there's no steering, the splinds on the shaft coming out of the steer box & the splinds on the drop arm are both very worn. Resulting in the shaft turns within drop arm without moving steering. I also need to replace the steering wheel & find an air intake.

Any helpfull comments, very much appreciated, including seggestions on where to source required parts.

regards

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lampeter

Post #34 by Lampeter » Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 am

Heres a few Photos of mine these photo will show you theres a few other bits your missing Rear panel and the guard where your tool box sits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nuffield

Post #35 by nuffield » Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Lampter hi

Thanks for the response, pictures are very helpfull. Are you still intending to get get it back up together?

regards

pc

nuffield

Post #36 by nuffield » Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Sorry, should have added. I can now see the air filter type I need to source.

Again thanks for pictures

regards

Paul

Lampeter

Post #37 by Lampeter » Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi Paul,
No probs I'll take some more detailed pics of the Air filter and take measurement/ markings etc, and post them later in the week

Will be getting it working again this year for some stone work and logs ect.... we probably wont tart it up propper for another 5 or so years, was never much ever wrong with it, I reckon a bit of welding and the motor seen to and it will be good till then

Cheers
Paul

nuffield

Post #38 by nuffield » Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks Paul

Your offer of air filter pictures, will help greatly.

Don't suppose you or indeed or anyone else reading this thread knows whether the steering box was common to any other vehicles/plant. Currently the best solution to getting over worn out splinds on shaft I can think of is to drill through drop arm, into shaft, tap it & use a bolt to secure the to parts together.

Unless anyone else can suggest a better idea.

regards

pc

Topic author
XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #39 by XS650 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

Don't know wether I can mention other sites :)
But over on Oily Hands soMeone has put a maintenance manual on a pdf , usefull to all GF owners , and posted pics of an Aussie one . Its definetly 'George Fowell' but were they marketed as GF dumpers ?

http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/Update_log.htm

gf 2.jpg

gf 1.jpg
Not all those who wander are lost.

gfdmpr
Flag: Great Britain

Post #40 by gfdmpr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi, everyone, i have just bought one of these, it has been fitted with a Lister LD1 diesel engine sometime in its life. There is a video of it on youtube, search, george fowell dumper, this is a couple of days after i got it, there was some diesel in the tank so i cranked it over for a while until i could hear it injecting, flicked over the decompresser lever and away she went.

Return to “Dumpers”