Petter PH1 - spill timing and rack position...

Discuss dumpers here

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Petter PH1 - spill timing and rack position...

Post #11 by mechman » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:19 pm

mechman wrote:
Fil wrote:Thanks Norm.
Where am I measuring the 11/16 between?
Is that the distance between the calibration mark and the spot face when the screw on the governor arm is just touching the end of the rack spindle?
And is that with the governor fully forward (away from the flywheel) or fully back (towards the flywheel?)
Sorry if I'm being a bit dense!

Fil.
It should be 13/16" from the calibration mark to the spot face when the rack spindle is touching the governor when it's at it's furthest point from the fly wheel. Also I have manually adjusted the setting when things didn't go according to the book, Due to wear etc but never needed the top end of the Rev range.
Norm

Edit.
Sorry the book says that it should be the other way round, 1/2" calibration mark when governor is at furthest point and spill timing is at 13/16"
Norm.

Topic author
Fil

Post #12 by Fil » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:16 pm

Well I tried setting the spill at 13/16 but that almost seems to far the other way, as in over-revving when the rack is open, and she wouldn't idle either, just slot chugged to a stop. So I've gone back to setting the spill at a smidge over 1/2 and she runs ok like that. Still not getting into the up reaches of the rev range, but at least she runs and ticks over nicely at about 800 rpm. I think I'll leave it at that for now, and maybe see if there's anything to be gained by tweaking the throttle linkage.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #13 by cobbadog » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:21 pm

At some time the answer will turn up and you will say how bloody obvious that was.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
Fil

Post #14 by Fil » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:06 pm

cobbadog wrote:At some time the answer will turn up and you will say how bloody obvious that was.

Haha, very true mate! Fingers crossed :)

Return to “Dumpers”