Thwaites alldrive 3000 dumper

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
sion.dovey
Flag: Wales

Thwaites alldrive 3000 dumper

Post #1 by sion.dovey » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 pm

I am working on restoring one of these little machines at the moment, I can find very little information on the internet about them, mine has a Petter BA engine I think, this is seized but I have found a replacement which has electric start so I'm planning to fit that if it will go in without making any alterations to the original construction.

Does anybody have one that they could take any measurements from for me? I need to make a couple of pieces up which are missing from mine.

I'm missing the steering wheel - probably common to lots of thwaites models but it would be nice to get a correct one. also I think there should be a cover bolted on to the front of the steering column to cover up the hydraulic lines to the steering orbital unit, I am missing that cover.

I'm also missing the engine cover that the seat bolts to, a past attempt has been made to fit something that works for that job but I would like to get it right, as other than these things the rest of the machine is fairly straight and complete.

Thanks for any help anyone can give or to point me in the right direction.

essexpete

Re: Thwaites alldrive 3000 dumper

Post #2 by essexpete » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:25 pm

Perhaps you could put up a photo? With steering column, do you mean the side nearest the seat?

Topic author
sion.dovey

Post #3 by sion.dovey » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:09 pm

Topic author
sion.dovey

Post #4 by sion.dovey » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:14 pm

I managed to upload a few pictures, first two are the two where I need to make replacement covers, I don't have the originals so it would be a fantastic help to be able to get measurements from an original part.

Third picture is the lower centre pivot, significant rust has occured there and it is very weak, planning to completely strip that section of the chassis so I can roll it around and do a nice job of rebuilding that as original. The rest of the machine is pretty good, a few bent bits to straighten and the skip has been over plated but there's enough of original remaining that I can see what it looked like well enough.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by cobbadog » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:13 pm

Is it possible that the seat metal cover is correct but seat definitely wrong? Yes the rusty section will need cutting out and some good welding done to corect that. If your replacement engine is the same as your seized engine then it will be a straight forward swap just needing your electrics and batteyr sorting out.
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”