Winget 2S project

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Fil
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Winget 2S project

Post #61 by Fil » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 am

I refitted the injector without the washer, and after setting the spill point and she started up pretty easily once the fuel system was fully bled. Happy days!
The only issue I have now really is that it's hard to get the engine to rev. The governor is pushing the rack back to the right (away from the flywheel) hard, so you can't keep the revs up.
I set the spill timing at 20.6mm (13/16") measured from the calibration mark to the spot face on the pump body as per the manual, but I think I'll try setting it at 12.7mm (1/2") which I've seen others on the forum mention :thumbup:

Topic author
Fil
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Winget 2S project

Post #62 by Fil » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:18 am

After a bit of a battle getting the gearbox dipstick out of the gearbox, I dumped the oil out of the box so I could put some fresh oil in there.
What came out of the drain hole was pretty horrific! Firstly a cascade of brown water, followed by some equally brown sludge. I'm not sure I'd identify anything that came out as.oil!
I've sloshed a bit of diesel in there to try and dissolve what's left of the gunge at the bottom of the gearbox before I put some fresh transmission oil in...
I wonder how long a little Newage gearbox can survive oil a diet of water and brown sludge before any lasting damage is done??

Return to “Dumpers”