Hello everyone, I.D my little dumper please

Discuss dumpers here

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Re: Hello everyone, I.D my little dumper please

Post #11 by Whitlock 505 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi Steve

Yes that would work, it's all down to budget, normal dumper tyres from what I remember were just 3 lines on the rear steering axle and agricultural cross pattern on the front for grip, the tyres you have on the front would work no problem in my opinion

Ian

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #12 by cobbadog » Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 am

Hi Steve,
I'm sorry but I misled you on the topic of the sediment bowl. I just pulled my one down and found that it indeed has a fuel filter inside. So I took some pics and measurements and hopefully it will help you out. The main housing has "GUL" embossed on the top so if yours does as well this may be what you need to source.
Now I am sorry that I had the "O" ring that fits up into the housing to seal the filter is pictured in the wrong pic. So the "O" ring pictured fits the housing then the filter with the large hole fits against the housing. The bottom of the filter with the small hole faces down and sits against a small rubber washer and it sits in the small recess as shown.
SIZES
OD = 55mm or 2 1/4"
Height = 37mm or 1 7/16"
large top hole = 22mm or 7/8"
small bottom hole = 6.5mm or 1/4"
Hopefully this helps you out. I also noticed on mine that there is what appears to be 3 small air bleeders on the top. One on the inlet and one on the outlet sides of the housing but I also found a very small one on the top of the banjo fitting that takes the fuel down to the pump.

Hope this helps you out. On some of our vintage tractors the sediment bowl only ever had a brass wire gauze inside and no filter, hence my initial comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Cobba

freddyuk

Post #13 by freddyuk » Sun May 27, 2018 9:12 am

I understand that using the easier option of 15 inch Landrover wheels and tyres or similar on the rear steering can lead to early failure of the steering box. Using the correct 16 inch three ribbed tyres means there is much less rubber in contact with the ground thus making steering easier and less loading of the box and joints which are very expensive to repair/replace. Three ribbed tyres are available for under £50 each including tubes.

Topic author
stevegully
Flag: Falkland Islands

Post #14 by stevegully » Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Hello

Don't worry the filter bowl you have pictured looks like the same type as fitted to my 101 land rover. The sediment bowl i pictured in my first post has a clear (or it was clear once...) "bulb". I will have a look again tomorrow as i want to replace the fuel pipes.

I will check tomorrow and let yo know what i find!

Just got to ID the wheel nuts now as i have three missing!

[quote="cobbadog"]Hi Steve,
I'm sorry but I misled you on the topic of the sediment bowl. I just pulled my one down and found that it indeed has a fuel filter inside. So I took some pics and measurements and hopefully it will help you out. The main housing has "GUL" embossed on the top so if yours does as well this may be what you need to source.
Now I am sorry that I had the "O" ring that fits up into the housing to seal the filter is pictured in the wrong pic. So the "O" ring pictured fits the housing then the filter with the large hole fits against the housing. The bottom of the filter with the small hole faces down and sits against a small rubber washer and it sits in the small recess as shown.
SIZES
OD = 55mm or 2 1/4"
Height = 37mm or 1 7/16"
large top hole = 22mm or 7/8"
small bottom hole = 6.5mm or 1/4"
Hopefully this helps you out. I also noticed on mine that there is what appears to be 3 small air bleeders on the top. One on the inlet and one on the outlet sides of the housing but I also found a very small one on the top of the banjo fitting that takes the fuel down to the pump.

Hope this helps you out. On some of our vintage tractors the sediment bowl only ever had a brass wire gauze inside and no filter, hence my initial comment.

Topic author
stevegully
Flag: Falkland Islands

Post #15 by stevegully » Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Hello,

I was thinking of staying with the 16 inch tyres, moving the ones currently on the front which are the three ribbed type. The one sonthe front are 600x16, the ones on the rear are 500x16. The tyres on the rear are badley perished the ones on the front are not but are not the mud pattern type and was looking at not wasting them if they would be ok on the rear!

From what you have written i think you are saying "don't be a tight git and put the correct ones on!!" which if my idea above is totally way of the mark i will do!

freddyuk wrote:I understand that using the easier option of 15 inch Landrover wheels and tyres or similar on the rear steering can lead to early failure of the steering box. Using the correct 16 inch three ribbed tyres means there is much less rubber in contact with the ground thus making steering easier and less loading of the box and joints which are very expensive to repair/replace. Three ribbed tyres are available for under £50 each including tubes.

cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Post #16 by cobbadog » Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 am

Humpty also has the wrong rear (steer) tyres and I have researched them here and 600 x 16 tri ribs are about $150.00 fitted with new tube as well.
what is involved in taking out the free play? Just shimming or is it more involved? Any diagrams or tips would be appreciated.
Cheers john
Cheers Cobba

Return to “Dumpers”