Unknown make & model Dumper

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
cobbadog
Flag: Australia

Unknown make & model Dumper

Post #1 by cobbadog » Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 am

Hi guys,
My name is john and I live on the mid north coast of NSW Australia. Only last weekend we picked up a small dumper to take to Rallies along with some vintage engines and tractors that we have. We believe that this may be a Benford make but we are seeking some information that we can then place on the display board that tells make and model and a short story about it.

Things that we do know;
2 cylinder Lister diesel #2917SR2A25. 13.2 HP @ 1800 RPM.
Newage Coventry 3 forward & 1 reverse speed gearbox. #A14271. Made by *M Type 2.
Plate on the chassis near the rear of the dump body reads G5-U04-9713.

So any information will be very much appreciated in identifying make and model and any details on the dumper at all. I will try and attach some pics for you to maybe help identify or just to enjoy. This little dumper starts very easily by the crank handle and the inside of the engine is squeaky clean so it has either been rebuilt recently or had a very easy life. I believe that if it was required a "cold start" position is on the engine where a linkage is attached but this started right up with 4 swings on the crank and release the decompression lever and all in 6'c temperature.
Many thanks in advance
Cobba
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Cobba

Johnson Dumper
Flag: Germany

Re: Unknown make & model Dumper

Post #2 by Johnson Dumper » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am

I think it is a Liner Roughrider 1250...!?

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #3 by cobbadog » Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 am

In some ways the pic on the bottom right looks similar to mine. Does anyone have a list of serial numbers etc to try and confirm make and model?
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #4 by cobbadog » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am

I know that this MIGHT help in the identity of the dumper and it is unbelievable that I haven't noticed this earlier but today as I am working on redesigning the hand brake set up I noticed on the steering wheel hub the letters MCC. Does this help at all in find a maker?
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #5 by cobbadog » Mon May 21, 2018 7:36 am

here is a pic of the steering wheel hub with MCC on it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Cobba

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #6 by cobbadog » Thu May 24, 2018 1:06 am

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed to helping me find out the make and model of our new toy.

Now that we have a good idea of it's origin is there a Company that sells reproduction ID plates for this Liner Roughrider 1250?

Or can anyone with a good picture of the ID plate please post the image so that I can reproduce one please? Obviously using my own serial numbers.

Is there also an image as to how the handbrake mechanism is connected?
Cheers Cobba

Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Post #7 by Whitlock 505 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 am

cobbadog wrote:here is a pic of the steering wheel hub with MCC on it

Haha look at the position of that handbrake in the off position, some travelling over rough ground and it will be the quickest you've ever gained some land..........2 achers :doh:

Whitlock 505

Post #8 by Whitlock 505 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 am

hi Cobbadog (John)
Not sure if you saw it as I tagged it onto steves thread

Check out this video I found on youtube
https://youtu.be/kHpVyIidXp0

Ian

Topic author
cobbadog

Post #9 by cobbadog » Fri May 25, 2018 8:31 am

Yes, the hand brake! You should have seen what was there before I started to correct it. At the moment the handle is sitting in the applied position with nothing connected to it. I have made up a small pulley and brackets to convert it all to being a cable hand brake system and this should be completed and working early next week as I need to have the 'thimbles' crimped onto the cable properly. So I wont be the owner of any 'acreage' as I am a firm believer in safety first with all our toys and is why it is still sitting on the back of Lorry our truck.

Yes, thank you very much for the link. As I may have said early in the thread that when we picked this up the temp was not quite at 0'c but it was not far off it and this little engine without using the cold start system burst into life after about 3 swings on the handle and throw the decompression levers over and away it ran. The more I look at this little beauty the more we like it and we certainly liked it enough to buy it in the first place. It will compliment our tractors, stationary engines and mowers, all vintage.

The bin on ours measures 1450 wide x 1040 front to back. Would this make it a 1250cwt or a bigger 1375cwt? Other things I have remedied is a fuel leak simply by tightening the air bleed nut on the engine side of the sediment bowl and made a bracket to safely hold the crank handle under the bonnet. Is there somewhere I can buy an ID plate to replace my missing plate that mounts on the rear of the dumper to the left of the crank shaft?
So many questions all the time!
Thank you to everyone who has offered advise and help to me, I really appreciate it.
Cobba
Cheers Cobba

Whitlock 505

Post #10 by Whitlock 505 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:00 am

hi Cobbadog

Great that you shared this beauty with us, and the only way you learnis by asking questions! So ask away, its such a shame that there's not more users on here at the moment to offer advice and tips and tricks etc, as I said before this forum is so much better than facebook, use the search function at the top of the page and filter out the non relevant bits, this forum has been going for years so there's a mine of info and stories on here, long may it continue! Be prepared for earache of the Mrs, I'm on here for hours while watching TV

Ian

Return to “Dumpers”