Benford TT2000 dumper info sought

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Whitlock 505
Flag: Wales

Benford TT2000 dumper info sought

Post #1 by Whitlock 505 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi

Would anybody be able to tell me the size and thread of bolt that is used to attach the power steering pump to the steering column on a Benford TT2000 dumper ? Number 33 on the attached exploded parts diagram

Thanks
ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Benford TT2000 dumper info sought

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:22 am

Hi Ian do you have the old bolt? If so measuring the thread is the easiest way to identify it, a pair of English and Metric thread gauges and a digi-vernier caliper make this an easy task?

Jeremy

Topic author
Whitlock 505

Post #3 by Whitlock 505 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for replying, the pump is held on with only two bolts out of four and they are the wrong bolts and only holding on by a couple of threads, I've tried some bolts I had left over from restoring a ransomes mg5 recently but they are no good alas

Ian

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by mechman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Ian
Are there any similar size bolts any where on the machine that you could loosen off and try in the steering column? Then identify them.
Norm.

FOWLER MAN

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello Ian,
Can I first apologise as I failed to reply to your PM. :oops:
I assume your dumper has a Petter PH2 engine. If as I suspect the pump is mounted on the engine alongside the bell-housing the bolts will have BSF threads, I can't remember the size.
I may well have some here which you are welcome to. :think:
Give me the length and diameter and I'll check. :thumbup:
Fred.

Topic author
Whitlock 505

Post #6 by Whitlock 505 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:04 pm

mechman wrote:Ian
Are there any similar size bolts any where on the machine that you could loosen off and try in the steering column? Then identify them.
Norm.

We tried that as it was a gearbox out job due to a bearing gone in the newage 40m :dizzy:

Topic author
Whitlock 505

Post #7 by Whitlock 505 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:Hello Ian,
I assume your dumper has a Petter PH2 engine. If as I suspect the pump is mounted on the engine alongside the bell-housing the bolts will have BSF threads, I can't remember the size.
Fred.

Hi Fred

I've been after a dumper for a while for welland, the powershuttle one was up for £500 in Monmouth but again the fella sold it, it appeared on ebay for £1800 a few weeks later still with he powershuttle problem

It is a PH2 but the pump is under the steering column, tried other fine thread bolts but no joy.

It's a bit of a strange one this dumper as it has all the hallmarks of a Benford TT2000 until you look at the skip! Which has all the characteristics of a Road Machines of Drayton, double under rams both sides of the skip?

essexpete

Post #8 by essexpete » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Whitlock 505 wrote:
FOWLER MAN wrote:Hello Ian,
Fred.

Hi Fred

I've been after a dumper for a while for welland, the powershuttle one was up for £500 in Monmouth but again the fella sold it, it appeared on ebay for £1800 a few weeks later still with he powershuttle problem

It is a PH2 but the pump is under the steering column, tried other fine thread bolts but no joy.

It's a bit of a strange one this dumper as it has all the hallmarks of a Benford TT2000 until you look at the skip! Which has all the characteristics of a Road Machines of Drayton, double under rams both sides of the skip?

Do you mean an orbitrol type steering unit?

I have found one of these handy although to be fair it was free from a factor.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/382349140522?c ... 912&crdt=0

FOWLER MAN

Post #9 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Yes Pete,
That is a steering control unit under the column, if you follow the drawing in Ian's first post you can see it picks up it's feed, as usual, from the hydraulic pump via the tipping valve.
Anyway in a dumper that age they could still be BSF bolts. I've probably got 5/16, 3/8 and 7/16 bolts with BSF and SAE fine threads here and Ian only lives a few miles away.
Fred

Topic author
Whitlock 505

Post #10 by Whitlock 505 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:Yes Pete,
That is a steering control unit under the column, if you follow the drawing in Ian's first post you can see it picks up it's feed, as usual, from the hydraulic pump via the tipping valve.
Anyway in a dumper that age they could still be BSF bolts. I've probably got 5/16, 3/8 and 7/16 bolts with BSF and SAE fine threads here and Ian only lives a few miles away.
Fred

Cheers Fred, its turning into a saga, couldn't bleed the brakes today and found out there was a hole in the metal brake pipe across the front axle, tried to remove it and the pipe was so corroded it twisted the pipe and snapped :eh: , now I had new brake unions and an M12 goes in but only a few threads so I'm on Internet trying to remember my fractions from school and what is close to 12mm I'm thinking 7/16, but after Ll said and done i love working on the old stuff as you know, that gadget that essexpete suggested could be a real time saver, may have to take you up on a couple of them bolts please

Return to “Dumpers”