dumper clutch

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
lauriewise

dumper clutch

Post #1 by lauriewise » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:14 pm

hi
i have a old 1 ton benford dumper and just recently its been hard to get into gear, I've adjusted the clutch but it still grinds when i try to put it into gear. if i start it in gear with the clutch depressed it moves for a bit then stops and i can get it into any gear then but the old problem comes back after a while.
any ideas? clutch, gearbox cones etc

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: dumper clutch

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:45 pm

we dont have those dumper type of things in Australia much but sounds like the clutch is sticking maybe the clutch fork is broken or cracked or part of the linkage is cracked or broken, something like this would be the usual culprit when you get the above symptoms

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 pm

Is it a normal clutch or is it the brake drum type? Can you get any adjustment on the pedal linkage?

GlenM

Post #4 by GlenM » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:16 pm

If it has the type of clutch release bearing with the ring of graphite, I wouldn't be surprised if this has either worn down, or broken up completely. I have had this happen twice in eight years on my Alldrive 6000. The first time I fitted a complete clutch but yesterday I replaced just the release bearing, which had lost all of the graphite completely. It was only £12-00 + VAT from L & S Engineers.

Return to “Dumpers”