Information

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
durham29100
Flag: Great Britain

Information

Post #1 by durham29100 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi and thank you for allowing me to join the group.

I bought an old stothert and pitt sitestrider several months ago to do some landscaping and now have become rather attached to the old girl, so even though I have finished the job I am going to keep it for a little while and renovate it if that's possible.
I am looking for some help in the area of parts and maintenance

The vehicle is a SXD025 type and runs ok but it is plain that it hasn't been serviced for a little while.

1) I would like to buy some maintenance parts ie filters oil and the like but know nothing about what I need and where to source them.
2) I have the start of a leak in the front axle - is it possible to get gaskets for this.
3) Diesel has started to mist around the first housing from the fuel tank after the fuel line - pump? is this likely to be a simple gasket. ( See photo)
4) Can anyone recommend a manual or document to learn about my machine

Regards

Art

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Information

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Arthur and welcome to CMN :wave: I am sure that somebody on here will be able to point you in the right direction in regards to parts. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
durham29100
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Information re stothert & Pitt dumper

Post #3 by durham29100 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks for the welcome and I have already found reading the site content great. I thought I was a bit sad getting excited over a dumper but it seems there are lots of people enthusiastic about machines like mine regards arthur

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Information re stothert & Pitt dumper

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:42 am

durham29100 wrote:Thanks for the welcome and I have already found reading the site content great. I thought I was a bit sad getting excited over a dumper but it seems there are lots of people enthusiastic about machines like mine regards arthur

I am always happy when people are enthusiastic about machinery in general I love to see industrial heritage saved. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Dumpers”