Peter ph1 engine

Discuss dumpers here

Topic author
Simon hutchinson

Peter ph1 engine

Post #1 by Simon hutchinson » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Hope you can help.
I have a liner 1250 dumper with a PH1 engine. I am trying to find the mythical fuel primer lever.
The only leaver I can find is the one that you use to stop the engine (at the front of the engine)
I have tried to move this up and
down but it will only go up once, so I don't think this is the right lever. Having said this it does look like where the manual says the priming lever should be.
Whilst the engine does start and run well, anything that could make cold starting easier would be welcome.
Thank you.
Simon.

Johnson Dumper
Flag: Germany

Re: Peter ph1 engine

Post #2 by Johnson Dumper » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:42 am

:wave:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by mechman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:08 am

Hi Pete.
It should be under the injector pump more or less, Sometimes a bit difficult to see, It,ll be pointing downwards.
Norm

Johnson Dumper

Post #4 by Johnson Dumper » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:39 am

:?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Simon hutchinson

Post #5 by Simon hutchinson » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:17 am

Jorge/Norman
Thank you for your help. I have the print out you have sent, which sends me to a lever, (identical to the decompressed lever) about 2inch to the right, and 2 inch down from the block that you have to slide off of the rest prior to starting. This is the lever that you have to put into the vertical position prior to starting. The problem I have is..if this is the primer lever it will only go from the down position(engine off) to the vertical (start position) and once vertical it will not come back down until the engine is started ,it won't pump.
I don't want to force it if this is not the primer, In case I damage it. It certainly Dosnt feel as if it wants to pump, If that makes sense)
My gut feeling is this lever is the primer, but I would be heartbroken to force it only to find out that it wasn't,
Thanks again,
Simon.

Osgood

Post #6 by Osgood » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am

That sounds like a cold start lever - allowing fuel rack to open more than normal and as soon as the engine starts it drops back out.

Johnson Dumper

Post #7 by Johnson Dumper » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:35 am

Osgood

Post #8 by Osgood » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am

Now that sounds more like a stiff lever shaft :lol: - must be tight to beat the injector element spring! If engine runs ok the element must be returning.

I guess all engines had these priming levers but I confess I never knew my old Benford belt drive dumper had one, so I reckon that might have been in a seized state too. And I could have sworn the cold start was a lever and not a block but I must be wrong.

Topic author
Simon hutchinson

Re: Peter ph1 engine.

Post #9 by Simon hutchinson » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:40 pm

[[/b][quote="Osgood"]Now that sounds more like a stiff lever shaft :lol: - must be tight to beat the injector element spring! If engine runs ok the element must be returning.

I guess all engines had these priming levers but I confess I never knew my old Benford belt drive dumper had one, so I reckon that might have been in a seized state too. And I could have sworn the cold start was a lever and not a block but I must be wrong.

Gents, I think I have cracked it.
I built up courage to force the lever a bit, and it did move, phew!!!
I have no idea how many times to pump it, so I did about 4 pumps.
The engine seemed to start exactly the same as before, but it was quite warm out, and it always did stat ok in the warm.
I can sleep at night again now, thank you all for your help.
Simon.

Return to “Dumpers”