Cefn Coed Colliery Museum Sat 7th May

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
martyn williams

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum Sat 7th May

Post #1 by martyn williams » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 pm

This looks like it will be an interesting event,starts at 1130 am. Vintage vehicles,auto jumble. Commercial vehicles etc.
I will be there.
Its near Crynant, Neath.I think its signnposted Colliery museum.
Martyn
For your sat navs------

Neath Rd, Neath SA10 8SP

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum

Located near the village of Crynant in the Dulais Valley five miles north of Neath, Cefn Coed Colliery Museum tells the story of coal mining at Cefn Coed pit, once the deepest anthracite coal mine in the world. Cefn Coed was one of the most dangerous coalmines in Wales, gaining the nickname ‘The Slaughterhouse’.

The story of the thousands of men who worked at Cefn Coed and at other pits in the anthracite coalmines of South West Wales is told through words, pictures and artefacts throughout the museum.

The museum is home to a preserved 1927 Worsley Mesnes Horizontal Duplex Cylinder Steam Winding engine, arguably the jewel in the museum’s crown. Once powered by steam when the site was a working colliery this magnificent winder is now turned over by electricity, however its majesty never fails to impress enthusiasts the world over.

Cefn Coed museum is also host to the Neath Historical Model Railway Club. The club’s dedication and commitment is evident from the constantly evolving layout celebrating the age of steam in the Dulais Valley.

Cefn Coed Museum is open daily from 1st April to 1st October (October - weekends only and October half-term week, please ring the museum for further information)

Opening Times - 10.30am – 5.00pm (last admission to the museum 4.30pm)

Group visits are welcome in the winter period prior to arrangement.

Admission is free

For further details please ring (01639) 750556 or email: colliery@btconnect.com

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum, Neath Road, Creunant, SA10 8SN

Getting here:- Bus X58/158 runs hourly from Swansea and Neath daily

At Junction 43, Exit M4 east bound. Take the A465 signposted Aberdulais / Resolven / Brecon. Come off on slip road signposted (A4109) Aberdulais Falls, Cefn Coed Colliery Museum. The museum is approximately 3 miles along the Neath Road.

ian white

Re: Cefn Coed Colliery Museum Sat 7th May

Post #2 by ian white » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:25 am

B100 LOADER wrote:This looks like it will be an interesting event,starts at 1130 am. Vintage vehicles,auto jumble. Commercial vehicles etc.
I will be there.
Its near Crynant, Neath.I think its signnposted Colliery museum.
Martyn
For your sat navs------

Neath Rd, Neath SA10 8SP

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum

Located near the village of Crynant in the Dulais Valley five miles north of Neath, Cefn Coed Colliery Museum tells the story of coal mining at Cefn Coed pit, once the deepest anthracite coal mine in the world. Cefn Coed was one of the most dangerous coalmines in Wales, gaining the nickname ‘The Slaughterhouse’.

The story of the thousands of men who worked at Cefn Coed and at other pits in the anthracite coalmines of South West Wales is told through words, pictures and artefacts throughout the museum.

The museum is home to a preserved 1927 Worsley Mesnes Horizontal Duplex Cylinder Steam Winding engine, arguably the jewel in the museum’s crown. Once powered by steam when the site was a working colliery this magnificent winder is now turned over by electricity, however its majesty never fails to impress enthusiasts the world over.

Cefn Coed museum is also host to the Neath Historical Model Railway Club. The club’s dedication and commitment is evident from the constantly evolving layout celebrating the age of steam in the Dulais Valley.

Cefn Coed Museum is open daily from 1st April to 1st October (October - weekends only and October half-term week, please ring the museum for further information)

Opening Times - 10.30am – 5.00pm (last admission to the museum 4.30pm)

Group visits are welcome in the winter period prior to arrangement.

Admission is free

For further details please ring (01639) 750556 or email: colliery@btconnect.com

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum, Neath Road, Creunant, SA10 8SN

Getting here:- Bus X58/158 runs hourly from Swansea and Neath daily

At Junction 43, Exit M4 east bound. Take the A465 signposted Aberdulais / Resolven / Brecon. Come off on slip road signposted (A4109) Aberdulais Falls, Cefn Coed Colliery Museum. The museum is approximately 3 miles along the Neath Road.

what will they have on display, sounds good, im not far from there

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 am

Tractors, lorries and auto jumble.will get more detail.I am only 30 miles away from there.
Martyn

ian white

Post #4 by ian white » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 am

B100 LOADER wrote:Tractors, lorries and auto jumble.will get more detail.I am only 30 miles away from there.
Martyn

any plant there will there be any traxcavators

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 am

My mate is taking some plant there,but has not decided what to take.He is doing up a 951 BR traxcavator at the moment and a B100.
Will ask him what he will take.
Martyn

Return to “Events”