East Midlands working event postponed

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

East Midlands working event postponed

Post #1 by John Gaunt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I have heard that the East Midlands working event planned for 1st and 2nd August has been delayed by 2 weeks as the crops have not yet been harvested.
The event is now expected to take place during the weekend of 15/16th August. Please therefore check before setting out on your journey to the event

BulldozerD11

Re: East Midlands working event postponed

Post #2 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:42 am

John Gaunt wrote:I have heard that the East Midlands working event planned for 1st and 2nd August has been delayed by 2 weeks as the crops have not yet been harvested.
The event is now expected to take place during the weekend of 15/16th August. Please therefore check before setting out on your journey to the event

Thanks for that John as twice this year I have headed for small events to find them not on.

Which event is this (were ?) so I know when i look in the lists for a show to visit (weather permitting) i dont decide to go to it as i seem to be able to pick them.

Thanks - Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
John Gaunt

Post #3 by John Gaunt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 am

Hi Dave, The event is held near Market Harborough, Leicestershire.

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:01 pm

John Gaunt wrote:Hi Dave, The event is held near Market Harborough, Leicestershire.

Thanks John

I'm always looking for events were I can see some different machinery to get photos of to add to my collection of interesting machine photos. I keep think id go to the excavator one at Beverly then usually read about it after it happened. :doh:
Went to Keeton cement down that way a few years ago, but then missed seeing the dates for the next couple & this years was cancelled IRC. AMOC had some good kit at Ketton, but i'v lost the photos (must be on the old PC that died :( )

Bernard Saunders event at Christmas near Mansfield was interesting with the Howard trencher, several Doe's and a Stieger & Ford FW 30 working.

Cheers
Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Joes1989

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Cromford Steam Rally's been cancelled too!

XS650

Post #6 by XS650 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:28 pm

I keep think id go to the excavator one at Beverly then usually read about it after it happened.

Been once , great event well worth a trip ,guys got two big barns full of old kit and a lot of people bring their own kit as well ,keep meaning to go again but its not advertised ,sort of word of mouth only, so i never get it pencilled in the diary either.
I have a hunch it's kept quiet to get around all the elf and safety malarkey ,their's no entrance charge or signage either, just a meeting of like minded souls -with scrapers !!
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Events”