heavy haulage in Swansea

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Renaultman

heavy haulage in Swansea

Post #1 by Renaultman » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 pm

At the end of this month (I'll post the dates) the trains and wagons from the Swansea vale railway will be moved by road from Swansea to the Gwili railway Bronwydd, Carmarthen. So if you want to come with your camera and see something you won't see every day, pop on over. There should be 4 days of hauling. 2x Steam engines, 2x Diesel, several coaches, 1x Toad brake van, foot bridge, water tank, and rolling stock which includes a wagon thats 70' long. I'll be there with my camera in Bronwydd as I'm a volunteer there.

Topic author
Renaultman

Re: heavy haulage in Swansea

Post #2 by Renaultman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 pm

This coming Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu

Jack

Post #3 by Jack » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Looking Forward to pictures Geriant.

ian white

Post #4 by ian white » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Renaultman wrote:At the end of this month (I'll post the dates) the trains and wagons from the Swansea vale railway will be moved by road from Swansea to the Gwili railway Bronwydd, Carmarthen. So if you want to come with your camera and see something you won't see every day, pop on over. There should be 4 days of hauling. 2x Steam engines, 2x Diesel, several coaches, 1x Toad brake van, foot bridge, water tank, and rolling stock which includes a wagon thats 70' long. I'll be there with my camera in Bronwydd as I'm a volunteer there.

what diesel loco do they have there is that where morris brothers pllant used to be

Topic author
Renaultman

Post #5 by Renaultman » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm

The first two wagons arrived today. One of the lorries broke down. We should have three loads from two lorries tomorrow. The two steam are I believe a Peckett 0-4-0 and a Barclay 0-6-0. The diesel are a Ruston Hornsby 4w and I'm not sure on the other. It will either be a North British
0-4-0DH or a Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0DM.

Return to “Events”