Vintage shows

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: Vintage shows

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Hello Martyn
We have had lots of water problems down here,spent a few hours cleaning up the mud out the front of the house.We are waiting for the culvert improvements to start.Only been waiting 6 years. Had a chat with our council engineer last week,I said that we have had exceptional rainfall,he said no.We have had 3 inches of rain in 24 hours.What a plank that chap is.I will be visiting our council offices on Monday to deposit the crap that was washed down on our home.So I may be on the local news or in our local police station if they can open the door.Its mostly unmanned these days.
Militant Martyn :thumbs_up:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by Martyn Henley » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:46 am

Hi Martyn, i remember you saying about the work needed on the culvert improvements, it beggars belief, been seeing it on the news since Friday, with people being flooded out again after last years downfalls, same story, same old story, promises of improved drainage but nothing happens, cos they did not think it could happen again, promises from central government to do this, do that, but nothing ever gets done, its down to that red tape again, money is not getting through to these councils to do improvements, councils dont have that money, nothing gets done apart from excuses ... :evil:
I hope it gets sorted for you Martyn.

Martyn

nick lamb

Post #13 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:35 pm

I was down your area on Tuesday and it was starting to rain then.Sorry to hear about your house.I guess it's really upsetting especially for your wife and it could have been avoided by your council pulling their finger out :x

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Hello Nicky and Martyn
Thanks for your concern.The culvert renewal job is due to start next month.Our bus serviced will have to be diverted because the road will be closed for a few weeks whilst the work is carried out.I think the developers that built the new houses in our village are partly to blame.It happens all over the UK.They build on fields and not upgrade the drainage.The culvert can't take the water that used to be soaked up by the fields.We had around 10 foot of water in the culvert of very fast flowing water.I wish I could put a turbine there to generate electricity.Our council engineers are crap,even their own council workforce slag them off.
It will be interesting to see who gets the contract to carry out the work.
I will not have to go far to take photos of plant at work :lol:
Cheers
Martyn

Gordon 2

Post #15 by Gordon 2 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Well its about time we all turned round and told them to f off. I am very outspoken when i get a bee in my bonnet since when did the hse have the right to cock up charity events and not answer fo them selves like you all say its utter madness. When are careless idiots going to take the blame and responsibility for their own stupidity ?? Thankfully the claim culture seems to have wained a little. Regards Gordon.

Return to “Events”