Welland Steam Rally

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Welland Steam Rally

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:24 am

Well after it had pee'd down of rain all Friday I was glad that I had not bothered to book a day off work to attend this event on the Friday; the weather was supposed to be more promising for the Saturday so I bit the bullet so as to speak and went along.
The car park on wet grass was dodgy to say the least but when the sun finally came out I could breathe a sigh of relief.
The show is superb as ever and it was great to catch up with many CMN members amongst whom was; Tony Coates, Ian Fletcher, Mike Yates, Fred 'Fowlerman' Evans, Martyn 'B100 Loader', Barry Cosslett, Paul Badger and to anybody else who I have missed (sorry) it was good to see you all and also meet new faces there.
I will attend this event on Saturdays in the future; I have normally attended on the Friday when the auction is on but there is not much machine action on the Friday so either the Saturday or Sunday are better days to see the machines in action.
I will try and post more photos of this event I did take well over 500 :dizzy: so I will need to trawl through them to see what I am going to resize to post here.
My first pics are of two well known CMN members Tony Coates and Fred Evans; more pics to come later.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Welland Steam Rally

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Some more for you; I will try and get more resized and posted later.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Show cancelled today due to rain

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 pm

A few more for you; shame that rain spoilt play today, its been rather grim weather wise all day here in the Midlands.

Jeremy

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:07 pm

I went along on Saturday to this year's (2016) event and took various photos, the majority of these being of construction and earthmoving equipment that was about. The weather on the day was warm and sunny and the event was well attended by young and old :D
Due to an unfamiliarity with my new camera I've ended up with an erroneous date and time stamp on the photos.

To start with a Priestman Mustang 150 and what I believe to be a Hitachi ZX225USLC-3.

IBH

Post #6 by IBH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 pm

More photos:

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:28 pm

More.

IBH

Post #8 by IBH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:37 pm

More.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #9 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Great photos IBH :thumbup: sadly I was unable to attend this years event myself as I was away yesterday; there is always some great kit at work at this show. :thumbup:

Jeremy

IBH

Post #10 by IBH » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 pm

A piece from the Worcester News website with photos and video can be found here:
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/14652929.VIDEO_AND_PICTURES__Thousands_of_visitors_flock_to_Welland_Steam_Rally/

From myself - all things JCB!

Return to “Events”