S.E. Davis Steam Fair (North Worcestershire Vintage Tractor & Engine Club)

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

S.E. Davis Steam Fair (North Worcestershire Vintage Tractor & Engine Club)

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm

This is the third time that I have attended this show and its well worth a visit too as you can get to look round the sheds and see the extensive collection of preserved plant that is owned by S.E. Davis.
There are quite a few events held here during the day and the show is held in the support of the Air Ambulance which I'm sure you all would agree is a very worthy cause indeed.
We were there until the afternoon when the weather forecast came true and we could see it was going to hammer down with rain which was a real shame.
I have posted most of the preserved truck pictures in the Heavy haulage thread, anyway here are a few pictures that I took:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: S.E. Davis Steam Fair (North Worcestershire Vintage Tractor & Engine Club)

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm

You really are getting about this year Jeremy :thumbup: ... great pictures...is that a 6D behind that pinkish looking Terex ?

Martyn

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:You really are getting about this year Jeremy :thumbup: ... great pictures...is that a 6D behind that pinkish looking Terex ?

Martyn

No Martyn it's actually a very rare JCB 6 and it has been discussed on this forum before but I can't recall where? The only differences between the 6 & the 6C was that the 6 had a smaller undercarriage and it was only powered by a four cylinder Perkins as oppossed to the 6,354 that was the usual power pack choice of that period.
I seam to recall that there were only a handful of JCB 6 produced.

Jeremy

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 pm

:doh: yes of course its a 6 ..it has the same boom and dipper as the old 7 ..it was just the colour scheme that put me off ...its one of those you see what you want to see moments :lol:

BulldozerD11

Post #5 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:
Martyn Henley wrote:You really are getting about this year Jeremy :thumbup: ... great pictures...is that a 6D behind that pinkish looking Terex ?

Martyn

No Martyn it's actually a very rare JCB 6 and it has been discussed on this forum before but I can't recall where? The only differences between the 6 & the 6C was that the 6 had a smaller undercarriage and it was only powered by a four cylinder Perkins as oppossed to the 6,354 that was the usual power pack choice of that period.
I seam to recall that there were only a handful of JCB 6 produced.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy
Think i posted a/some of it a few years ago IRC

Was some good stuff there this year but a bit cramped on the new site in the tractor section & the hike back up the hill was a sting in the tail. Like the shot with the power lines :thumbup: and a good one of the line up of RBs shovels etc

Some interesting gear in the Yard(s) as usuall (shame it gets packed tighter each year) Perhaps the training school yard could have been used for a display of some of the collections machines. Could make a show just for the plant & steamers.

Heres some JCBs from a previous visit that i found includeing the 6

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #6 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Yes Dave it's a shame that all the kit is so tightly packed there I think they would of liked to have built a covered museum type area but the local council would not give planning permission?

Jeremy

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 am

Its a great shame that the can't build an additional shed as they have got lots of kit up there that is packed in tight.
Martyn

Return to “Events”