CAT D8H

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

Topic author
tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

CAT D8H

Post #1 by tctractors » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:19 am

Just thought I would say that I have been "Putting some Polish" into a D8H 22A that is heading down to Dorset, it will be fitted with its string blade (over 15 ft wide), this tractor will be joining at least 2 other D8's on the site, when I say polish I realy mean unbolting loads of bits,then bolting things back again to enhance the sheen???, this tractor is used mainly pulling a 463 scraper with a CCU, I prefer the power-shift tractors myself as they give a lot more trouble, but the beggers and chooser thing rules here, I would be the Begger.

martyn williams

Re: CAT D8H

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 am

Will you be ther Tony ? I will be there on the Saturday.
Martyn

Ian Fletcher1970

Post #3 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Tony - Is that going to the Great Dorset Steam Fair? - Ian

Topic author
tctractors

Post #4 by tctractors » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Yes Ian its ready for the Off, the family that own this tractor had a good few D8's and a D9H, now they are down to 3 or 4 D8H's, I think S.E.Davis is also sending a D8H 22a to Dorset (show-Beer Festival) call it as you like???, there will be at least 3 D8's there, I could have taken a D8K but the firm (me) is just a bit to busy sorting out a couple of dogged to death bits of iron, Martyn I dont know what day I will be going as I will be with other people, so I will be upto their mercy some what.

down-shift light flashing tctractors

Topic author
tctractors

Post #5 by tctractors » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Martyn, look for the D8 with the new exhaust manifolds and the engine that sounds sweet, thats the banger that I have been working on, the driver/owner loves a good pint and is called Colin, if you think you can handle the beast, he will set you free with the seat, Colin is fearless with it giving it the boot all day, just say my name and you will be "Sound" for the shift, it might give you the taste for something with a bit of Poke, instead of your current toys???
The 951C that I bought the other week, turned into a 951B after removing the engine enclosures, its fitted with the old style pump (scroll) and the early 4 3/4 bore motor, so as usual my pants are around my ankles?? but it does run good and the tracks are top end, the stickers are there to catch out idiots, its good to know my position, 951C stickers dont make it a C tractor???

Return to “Events”