s.e.davis&sons open day

Do you know about any events or fairs, please let us know

martyn williams

Re: s.e.davis&sons open day

Post #31 by martyn williams » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Hello Richard
The Davis family have been collecting machines for many years.Been to a few auctions when they have been there.
My opinion is that you can collect too many machines.First you need space time and money,not much of that around at the moment.
The Davis family have a lot of very interesting plant at their yard.
They have been most helpfull to us and the Caterpillar club over the years.
It would take them a lifetime to restore every machine in the yard.
Its a shame that they had a problem with planning for their sheds,hence,machines have got to be crammed in tight.
I think firms like the Davis family should get help as they have stopped many machines going to the scrap yard.
Its a part of our industrial past which should be preserved.

RichardJW~

Re: s.e.davis&sons open day

Post #32 by RichardJW~ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:51 am

Hiya Martyn, totally agree with your points and yes its a shame it can't be stored under cover - if it was a rare butterfly or something a charity would be pouring money at it left, right & centre & they'd get a grant from the Lott-tree.........I don't know much about plant history but judging by the comments & what I have seen he certainly has some unusual and rare pieces there, so it is quite clear he knows what he's looking for......and it would seem he does what so many of us would do if we had the "means" and buy up the machines we always wanted.

Return to “Events”