Want to play chicken?

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
Jim M
Flag: Great Britain

Want to play chicken?

Post #1 by Jim M » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Pic of two Volvo A25c's that came together on a narrow stretch of haul road at Shaugh Lake china clay works in 2002/3. I watched the drama unfold before me as i was on the tip in the dozer. I know for a fact that the two dumper drivers Alan and Tommy didn't like each other, so put it down to the both of them being stubborn and awkward :lol: :lol: :lol: . There are more pictures somewhere that show's the left hand truck had been hit that hard on the rear axle the wheels on the opposite side are touching . :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :think: :think: :think: :o :o :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Jim :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Want to play chicken?

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 am

Hmm I can predict there will be two dump truck driver jobs available on that site, well there should be I have seen problems caused at work before now where two employees hate the sight of each other and putting them too close working with each other is a big mistake.

We had a case at my last work where two engineers who hated each other were put working next to each other, it ended with one threatening the other with a hammer, the guy who did the threatening was sacked and took the company to an industrial tribunal for unfair dismissal and racial discrimination :x

Its the only time I have ever had to attend a tribunal as a witness the guy who did the threatening was a vile man anyway and lost his unfair case against the company because he lied to his own solicitor who had to tell the tribunal that he could no longer represent his client so the case was thrown out. :thumbup:

This tale does have a happy ending too cos my gaffa took him for compensation for the cost of the loss of work of the eleven of us who had to attend the tribunal. :lol: Yeh made my day that did. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Jim M
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Jim M » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Nice one Jeremy :thumbup:

Jim

nick lamb

Post #4 by nick lamb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Two of McAlpines Cat 627 drivers did that stunt at the M58 Skelm' in the 1980's.One was killed and the other one never walked again.

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”