Vandalism

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Vandalism

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Spotted this sorry site today :cry: :x :x

Makes me really mad to see this kind of stuff!!

Lars-Gunnar
Flag: Sweden

Re: Vandalism

Post #2 by Lars-Gunnar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:15 pm

They are small gangsters. :twisted: The youths have no imagination today. :!: In addition, who will pay for this damage? Not they as have done it. One will be very angry if this machine was mine.

Lars-Gunnar :)
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Robban_C

Post #3 by Robban_C » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:31 pm

It makes me really sorrow to see this. At least it is on glass surfaces that can be easily cleaned with thinner.
And it could have been smashed windows etc instead.
But it´s still very depressing.
Give my best regards to the owner/driver if you know him/her.

My machine got some tags on the engine cover. The painted surface couldn´t be totally cleaned with thinner as the colours had "sunken" into the paint. I have to try with some rubbing polish instead.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

pushcat

Post #4 by pushcat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi Robban, Lars and Nick:
It turns my stomach to see vandalism like this. At least its just paint this time. Ive seen some very expensive equipment reduced to junk through the actions of vandals.
I would love to catch some of these %#*&^@# in the act. :dizzy:

Deas Plant

Post #5 by Deas Plant » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi, Folks.
Yes, I agree that such acts are deplorable. However, lets get the responsibility for this sort of thing shared around amongst ALL those who deserve a bit of it.

Parents first cos thats where children get their first sets of values from - and where from those same children also get too much too easy, thus not learning the value of a buck.

TV, movies, video games, pop music, etc., for their contaminating effect on whatever values some parents might try to pass on to their favourite offspring.

Schools for placing more importance on the Fourth R, RIGHTS, than they do on the original three.

Local, State (if applicable) and National governments for not providing sufficient facilities to channel these young energies in less destructive directions and society as a whole for not SCREAMING at the governments to provide these things.

Example of the last point: Hereabouts, there WAS a moto-cross track where up to 250 kids would gather each week-end to ride their trail bikes, not to mention the use that it got during the week. That track is now closed due to new residents complaints about the noise. The track AND the noise were there BEFORE the new residents moved into the new sub-divisions and developments but now the track and the noise are gone. And NOT ONE single alternative facility has been built or provided to occupy these youngsters in their spare time and/or give their youthfull energies a NON-destructive outlet. I fail to see the sense of this situation.

When I see children as young as about eight - and girls at that - wandering around a service (gas) station at 1.00 am with not a single adult in sight other than the cashier, I ask myself if the parents of these children really KNOW where their children are and do they even care?

If our children arent taught, guided and supervised, whose fault is it really that they get into mischief or trouble?

(My soapbox just took itself back to its little corner so I guess it reckons Ive said enough. Smart soapbox.)
Last edited by Deas Plant on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

pushcat

Post #6 by pushcat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Hello Deas:
I agree with you one hundred percent. I dont understand the silliness and stupidity of the culture of our respective countries that lets parents first and communities second shirk the responsibility toward civilizing our youngsters and teaching them that actions have consequences. I shudder to think what the world will be like when this generation of untamed, uneducated, self centered offspring takes over from us. There, Ive kicked my soapbox back in its corner too.
Wow! I think I might be suffering from an attack of oldfartitis! :o

Holger
Site Admin

Post #7 by Holger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:29 am

Deas! That was perfect! I am always thinking that way! Many people do. But nobody does anything!
Some resources:
How-To

Lars-Gunnar

Post #8 by Lars-Gunnar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:08 am

Deas!

Well said as you are used to do.

When I see children as young as about eight - and girls at that - wandering around a service (gas) station at 1.00 am with not a single adult in sight other than the cashier, I ask myself if the parents of these children really KNOW where their children are and do they even care?

Here in Sundsvall, in the middle of Sweden it is the same. What are many youth’s parents doing? They use to drink grog or vine often together with friends. When they have alcohol in their body they is not capable run their cars. Vi have a tolerance of 0,0 contents in parts per mile. I mean. They cannot collect their youths. However, from the beginning: There should be good rules as they followed. Nevertheless, I can think many young peoples become angry and sometimes their parents are afraid for them. :shock:
I should like to se when the Police ring on their doors and have a half-drunken child to deliver. I think they all will feel ashamed. It is not what they have been waiting for of source.
I think children as grown up long from a large city is more harmonic and have more idea how entertain them selves and their friends. If there is a forestry many games can be played or ideas to develop.
I myself grew up long from the nearest large city and I was very happy yet. I used goes skiing on the winter and during the summer; I played football and bought a hut into the forestry or use my bicycle. Good reminds yet today.
It is mostly children of Cities as find bad things to do.

Why is there so many as are attacked on the street and market? I think peoples as are from 16-30 have been "hurt" warching too many films as have violence as a tema and also all data games as is wery realistic today. They seems be thinking a attacked person as have been knocked down and then they use to kick them on their brain should get up from where they have been kicked as it should be a film. But many must be driven to the Hospital and sure many have been permanently marked. Very horibble!

Lars-Gunnar :)
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Deas Plant

Post #9 by Deas Plant » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi, Folks.
Just thought Id add a couple more items to blame to my list above.

First one is all the do-gooders and snivel libertarians - include in this our weak-kneed politicians - who have put us in the position where our various police forces now have little or no power to deal with the miscreants.

Next are the judges(????????????) who will persist in handing out love taps on the wrists to all young offenders, regardless of the crime.

I personally firmly believe that if they are big enough/old enough to do the crime, they are also big enough/old enough to be NAMED, SHAMED and to do the time. I dont necessarily advocate putting young offenders in with hardened crims. Im more in favour of putting them out on tuff ranches where they learn a good dose of self discipline and respect for the property of others.

Just my 0.02.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”