Burst Water Main!!

Show us bogged in machines here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Burst Water Main!!

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Here are some shots of the aftermath of a machine hitting the main water water feed into Cornwall England whilst I was working on the A30 road job.

The water ran for nearly three days before they could get it under control.....Very embarassing !! :oops: :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rvannatta

Re: Burst Water Main!!

Post #2 by rvannatta » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 am

Nick Drew wrote:Here are some shots of the aftermath of a machine hitting the main water water feed into Cornwall England whilst I was working on the A30 road job.

The water ran for nearly three days before they could get it under control.....Very embarassing !! :oops: :oops:

hope you werent the hapless chap running the excavator!

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi Robert,

No thank god!! :o I am delighted to report that I was not involved with this incident in any way, I was working further on down the road cutting "Batters" at the time this happened, but of course when things like this happen on a site word spreads like wildfire!! and pretty soon everyone had heard about it, it even made it on to local TV at the time.

Nick :thumbs_up:

rvannatta

Post #4 by rvannatta » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Nick Drew wrote:Hi Robert,

No thank god!! :o I am delighted to report that I was not involved with this incident in any way, I was working further on down the road cutting "Batters" at the time this happened, but of course when things like this happen on a site word spreads like wildfire!! and pretty soon everyone had heard about it, it even made it on to local TV at the time.

Nick :thumbs_up:

I saw one of those events on a local highway job here. NO pictures, but I drove by right after it happened and the operator had is bucket over the top of the squirting water trying to convince himself it hadnthappened.

Those machines can make a mess quickly if they hit the wrong thing. With loggers, it is often falling a tree on the wrong thing, which while sometimes tragic, can also be funny. there are many legends of loggers who have set their lunch box on a stump, and then haplessly fallen a tree on it

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”