BulldozerD11

How to Park a Terrex scaper (not)

Post #1 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 am

A Terrex Scraper last week being demonstrated

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

Now to tip the next load

IMG_2867.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: How to Park a Terrex scaper (not)

Post #2 by XS650 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

Dave is this Scorton , what was being displayed / used in the excavator area ? First time I haven't been for afew years , tied up elsewhere.
Not all those who wander are lost.

Mike d550

Post #3 by Mike d550 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Oops, not the best way to treat an old piece of kit, especially if you've spent ages restoring it!!!!

Yes this was at Scorton last weekend, i didd'nt take much notice of the old Kit but there was a Cat 735 being loaded by a Komatsu PC450 which was working in the quarry section! I'll post some pics soon!

Regards

Mike D550

davej

Post #4 by davej » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:02 pm

off the top of my head

there was the aforementioned TS8 terex, a d6?, aveling 4whl grader, bray shovel, and foden dumper

Dave
my mumblings and general witterings....http://normanshowse.blogspot.com/

Topic author
BulldozerD11

Post #5 by BulldozerD11 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Was going to add a Scorton (Yorkshire) thread for other stuff.

Terrex scraper, Cat D? bulldozer, Weatherhill Loading shovel, Foden Dump truck, Aveling Austin 99 Grader. (Foden was at SED the other year)

I dident see the new stuff, Tarmac must have gone home when i got up there..

I was leaving when the terrex went round to unload and the back end slid side ways in sl o o o w w w motion off the heap.

No real damage done just looks bad. They drove it out after lowering the heap a bit to right it and secure the Cat to the box to stop it tipping over. Nose was turned into ground to stop it rolling over rather than trying to drive straight out as would have rolled right over onto side.

Only damage was Pride I think.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

TaylorLambert

Post #6 by TaylorLambert » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 am

Wha the scraper, ive only run TS14's the most popular down in this part. The only other big Terex users were on the Tenn Tom waterway with TS18's and 24's but that was before my time. Ive had the little JD762 at work nose over with me in a tight fill having to pile material with it to cover with. Also was the operator familiar with the double barrel power. Ive seen alot of operators used to a single barrel unit and when in a turn not let off the rear units revs and then have a nose over jack knife, or the back of the tractor unit flip down. I had an old TS14 lose a rear governor once dumping in a contour then have the rear enging fly wide open.

Green Dragon

Post #7 by Green Dragon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 pm

I drove a prototype of the TS8 in 1978 at Torness Power Station earthworks. Ran alondside the 24's like an angry wasp. It was designed for the Army to fit inside a Hercules aircraft. Fun to operate, but shifted more muck on my boots. :roll:

Topic author
BulldozerD11

Post #8 by BulldozerD11 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:28 am

Green Dragon wrote:I drove a prototype of the TS8 in 1978 at Torness Power Station earthworks. Ran alondside the 24's like an angry wasp. It was designed for the Army to fit inside a Hercules aircraft. Fun to operate, but shifted more muck on my boots. :roll:

Thanks green dragon

So quite a late model then if Prototype testing was 1978. Think it was featured in an early CPM

There was one at SED a couple of years ago on the lighthouse stand. It was relativly small when stood next to it. It dident appear to have much grunt when it was working at scorton, as they were push loading it.

As seen at SED

dave

alan627b

Post #9 by alan627b » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:57 am

Somebody forgot to keep the outsides of the stockplile higher than the center..
What's the big deal? It's still right side up...sort of. LOL!
Take it from one who's been "inverted" before....
Alan627b or "Flipper"
Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs with Antique Machinery

Return to “Accidents and Bogged in machines”