JCB 3C11 Power Steering problem, Help Please

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
valvebounce

JCB 3C11 Power Steering problem, Help Please

Post #1 by valvebounce » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi, I have recently replaced all the seals in the power steering ram due to it leaking, when I started the digger up, the steering wheel went round and round and the wheels weren't turning both ways :arrrrgh: . I lifted the wheels off the ground and it would vaguely go left and right, the steering wheel feels like it is slipping /juddering, I have bled the power steering pipes a lot where they join on to the ram, now it intermittently moves to the left but still won't work to the right. I thought it was air in the system, but now I hear there is a relief valve (which I know nothing about) could this be the cause of it? The annoying thing is before I did the work on the system it was working perfectly although the ram was leaking. I have replaced the hydraulic filter and there is the right amount of fluid in the system, Any advice would be really appreciated. :dizzy: It is a 3C11 1976 leyland engine with manual gearbox if that helps :think:
Last edited by valvebounce on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3C Power Steering problem, Help Please

Post #2 by philwheelton » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 pm

3C ? mk11? manual ? t/c ? is there enough hydraulic oil in the system ?......

Topic author
valvebounce

Re: JCB 3C Power Steering problem, Help Please

Post #3 by valvebounce » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 pm

philwheelton wrote:3C ? mk11? manual ? t/c ? is there enough hydraulic oil in the system ?......

Hi,
Yes there is the right amount of fluid in the system. It is a 1976 3C11 Leyland engine manual gearbox. :)

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3C11 Power Steering problem, Help Please

Post #4 by philwheelton » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 pm

The relief valve is under the 5/8 af nut at the top/back of the pump it is adjusted by shim's between the cap and spring it should run at 1750 psi.

Return to “Excavators”