Operator jobs

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
EARTHMOVER MAN
Flag: Great Britain

Operator jobs

Post #1 by EARTHMOVER MAN » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi all,
just wondering if there was much operator work out there with the economy like it is?

Iv'e not been operating excavators flat out for a bit now, but i have my blue cpcs and just cant get a start :(

lynchy

Re: Operator jobs

Post #2 by lynchy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 am

There is work,but unfortunately the headlong rush of firms using agency's continue's unabated!Too many agency's whose only usp is to cut rates for the blokes actually doin the work,someone has to pay for their co cars/offices/plant pots!Think its going to be tight this year,there is supposed to be job Bam Nuttalls at Hinkley point,thats in s west?

Topic author
EARTHMOVER MAN

Post #3 by EARTHMOVER MAN » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks for that info lynchy :)

Im hoping to get a start on the heads of the valleys dualling road project in autumn of this year, i know its bit of a way till then but it should last for 2,3... years hopefully . lol.

I know carillion have the main contract but not sure who they will subcontract the earthmoving side of it out to or if they have the type of plant to do it themselves. Hopefully it will be a good plant company who doesnt mind taking on new faces and giving them a chance

jz145

Post #4 by jz145 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Heads if the valleys project will probably be Griffiths in Abergavenny , or possibly Nortons who did all the bypass work around Gilwern a couple of years ago. Where are you based?

Topic author
EARTHMOVER MAN

Post #5 by EARTHMOVER MAN » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Im based in Ebbw Vale jz145.

Yes i remember when Cyril Nortons done the Gilwern to Abergavenny section for Nuttalls, and Hochtief/Griffiths done the Tredegar to Merthyr section.

Maybe Walters will have the next section. Im not sure who Carillion have on there contractors list, but im pretty sure Walters have done work for them on another road project down the south west of England.

Martyn Henley

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 am

I dont know how well this works but this is run by H.E.Services and its geared up to find operators
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Plant-Operator-Central-Network-4248526?home&gid=4248526&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=.gmp_4248526

I believe you have to join, and no this not an agency

Martyn

Return to “Excavators”