Kubota Engine/Fuel Line Problem

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
jz145

Kubota Engine/Fuel Line Problem

Post #1 by jz145 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello all, just a topic to see if any of our members can solve a problem im having!
I own a Kubota Kx41, which has served me well for many years.
However recently, iv been experiancing some problems. The engine seems to loose power when parked/working on a slope, or when the tank is less than half full. Movements which use the most power, e.g. slewing/tracking make the engine sound like its about to cut out. This has meant that iv needed to stop work for upto an hour before it'l get back to normal, and then later on it'l happen again.
I would assume its something to do with the fuel lines, but i may be mistaken. If anyone can help solve the problem that would be great, its starting to become a major issue!
Many thanks, Ashley.

spod

Re: Kubota Engine/Fuel Line Problem

Post #2 by spod » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Ashley, It sounds as if you have a problem with the pick up in the fuel tank over the years these tend to silt up. It may involve removing the tank for a thorough cleaning but you may get away with draining the tank completely and cleaning the screen. If it runs ok on a full tank but problems start as the tank empties it is an indication of the problem as with a full tank the pressure of the full tank forces the fuel through the screen as you use the fuel the weight of the fuel to force the fuel through the silted screen lessens with resulting problem you have try it anyway. :thumbup:

Topic author
jz145

Re: Kubota Engine/Fuel Line Problem

Post #3 by jz145 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Cheers Dave, i'll have a look at the weekend. Hope draining the tank will do it, don't fancy trying to remove it!

Return to “Excavators”