Volvo ec 210 fuel problem

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jon Umpleby

Volvo ec 210 fuel problem

Post #1 by Jon Umpleby » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi all . Started my Volvo 210 the other day at about 17 below freezing with no problem after it had been stood for three weeks.But after a few minutes at low idle it stoped.The rubber seal on the fuel filter housing had gone hard,this had only been changed about two months ago and was a genuine volvo part.Must have been the very low temperatures to cause this.What a nightmare to get it started again when it had filled the fuel system with air so it would be worth checking if any one has got a volvo been stood in this cold weather.Cheers Jon

volvoabdn

Re: Volvo ec 210 fuel problem

Post #2 by volvoabdn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 pm

hi jon as working mine at -10 last week with no problems but have been warned by volvo fitters never to let fuel system run dry they have all told me it is a nightmare to get it started again

Julian

Post #3 by Julian » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 am

Jon Umpleby wrote:Hi all . Started my Volvo 210 the other day at about 17 below freezing with no problem after it had been stood for three weeks.But after a few minutes at low idle it stoped.The rubber seal on the fuel filter housing had gone hard,this had only been changed about two months ago and was a genuine volvo part.Must have been the very low temperatures to cause this.What a nightmare to get it started again when it had filled the fuel system with air so it would be worth checking if any one has got a volvo been stood in this cold weather.Cheers Jon

Are you sure that you didn't suffer fuel waxing? I had it on all my tractors and minidigger because my diesel is still summer diesel. I'm not sure how a rubber seal can go hard in only two months - sounds a bit of a long shot to me.....

Julian.

lynchy

Post #4 by lynchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm

had similar problem but with Komatsu pc130 @Cumbernauld,error code for fuel filter freezing kept coming on last week,diesel looked a bit waxy too,should be winter stuff tho?maybe machinery going the same way as the population,not used to cold weather and getting softer lol?

Return to “Excavators”