first bite of the earth

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
rayman

first bite of the earth

Post #1 by rayman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:54 am

and here the finished machine doing its first load.
996 load a.jpg
996 load b.jpg
996 load c.jpg
996 load d.jpg

in the previous thread on erecting, when the carbody is lifted by the cranes, the truck is driven underneath by a remote control hydraulic power pack, in about the fifth pic the head fitter can be seen on the right with the controller up on a teleporter platform.There is no shouting or arm waving, all commands are by walky-talky. then it walks up to the dipper and other bits. As the front bits go on so the rear engine and radiators are fitted.There is so much electronics in there, the whole carbody is pressurised to keep the dust out.That is why they burn so fiercely, two have been lost over in the Super-Pit in Kalgoorlie. ($5 mill. each) Century Zinc Mine now have 5 rigged as diggers and 2 front shovels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shovelman

Re: first bite of the earth

Post #2 by Shovelman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:15 pm

Ray,

Absolutely fantastic photos! I did not know the carbodies were pressurized, and am very curious to know how the radiators and fans for the engines and hydraulic fluid are sealed off from the rest of the works. Ive wondered for some time why a non flammable hydraulic fluid could not be synthesized.

Please keep the great photos coming?

All the best,

John

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Ray,

Great pics :thumbs_up: fantastic

Jeremy

thegardensurgery

Post #4 by thegardensurgery » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:25 am

spot on....i remember a few years back when clay colliery had one of the older models of this range on site..and it`s so graceful and thanks to the open day i actually got to operate one !! from a wee boy i was talking people to letting me have a go on the machines...and then came diggerland..need i say more !!!!!!! great photo`s

Return to “Excavators”