Liebherr rehandlers

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Liebherr rehandlers

Post #1 by Gavin Phillips » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:59 pm

I was out for a walk in Sunderland on friday, and spied this beauty from the Metro so naturally I had to go back and take a look!

Image Liebherr 912

And this much larger Liebherr rehandler at Port of Tyne's coal/scrap import/export yard:

Image Liebherr 954

Has anyone else noticed a trend towards larger wheeled rehandlers such as those made by Fuchs (now Terex) and Liebherr?
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Hugh Jaleak
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Liebherr rehandlers

Post #2 by Hugh Jaleak » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 pm

I spotted this at Northampton waste transfer station last week. Looks like its been purchased to load a new sorting plant currently under construction. Apologies for the picture quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jack

Post #3 by Jack » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 am

Wow, I Like that Machine Hugh. :thumbs_up:

jcballtheway

Post #4 by jcballtheway » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 am

i used to live in northampton and never saw the transfer station is it next to the northampton civic amenity site please could you take some more pics of it if possible please hugh

Hugh Jaleak
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Hugh Jaleak » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 pm

The transfer station is on Brackmills Industrial Estate. Quite a clever setup actually in my view. After weighing in and reporting to the weighbridge clerk, you leave the weighbridge and head forwards up a concrete ramp, following it round 90deg to the left, this leads you into the tipping hall which is "upstairs".

Doosan shovel in operation here, driver tells you where to tip, and you offload. Walking floor and Ejector artics back in "downstairs" under shutes. When a trailer is in place the shovel merely scoops up a bucket of waste and tips it into the appropriate hopper, under which a trailer awaits. When heaped the trailers are pulled forward and a large weight on a overhead gantry crane (visible in the picture) is lowered onto the load to compact the waste, then the trailer is reversed back under the shute for topping up as required.

I will endeavour to get some more shots next time im there, however no promises, as if the machine is working in the tipping hall as I suspect, natural light is quite poor as the rooflights are covered in years worth of dust, and I only have the camera on my phone....

Return to “Excavators”