Jcb 3c

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Garethsorgo
Flag: Wales

Jcb 3c

Post #1 by Garethsorgo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:24 pm

Hi any help on.my old jcb hydraulics or very slow and streeing just runs free is thire a streeing strainer some where thire is plate under with bolts is it in thire

essexpete

Re: Jcb 3c

Post #2 by essexpete » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 pm

Could be both the filter and strainer. What does the oil look like?

Topic author
Garethsorgo

Post #3 by Garethsorgo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 pm

Where is the strainer I'm.going to drain oil weekend

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by agrimax » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:10 pm

If it's a MK1,I think there's only the big return filter in front of the right hand rear wheel.Might be a suction filter somewhere but I'm not familiar with it. The MK2 will have a suction strainer behind/up under the steps into the cab. Flat plate to come off and the strainer is above it. Also then the return filter behind the door on the rhs in front of the rear wheel. If it's an early MK2 there's no steering filter but later ones have one behind or below the radiator,contained inside a rectangular box.Mk3 models would be the same with three filters.

Topic author
Garethsorgo

Post #5 by Garethsorgo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 pm

Is it the plate underneath with.all.the.bolts could it be.in.thire and.the other one behind door.where about in can.or.underneath thanks.

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:45 am

agrimax wrote:If it's a MK1,I think there's only the big return filter in front of the right hand rear wheel.Might be a suction filter somewhere but I'm not familiar with it. The MK2 will have a suction strainer behind/up under the steps into the cab. Flat plate to come off and the strainer is above it. Also then the return filter behind the door on the rhs in front of the rear wheel. If it's an early MK2 there's no steering filter but later ones have one behind or below the radiator,contained inside a rectangular box.Mk3 models would be the same with three filters.

Helif I never knew about the steering filter :roll:

agrimax

Post #7 by agrimax » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:17 am

You haven't said which MK of 3C. 1,2 or 3?
The return filter is as below for MK 1 and 2. MK 1 has no door covering it and should be obvious to see.
Bottom picture is of the suction filter for MK 2 and 3. Lie on your back and look up under the step. Don't know if MK 1 has this one or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaos
Flag: Iceland

Post #8 by kaos » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:23 am

I may be pointing out the obvious, but better safe than sorry; that plate below the suction filter is the bottom of the hydraulic tank, so drain the fluid before removing, or you will have a flood of biblical proportions. I think there's supposed to be over 100 liters there (at least in the entire system).

--
Best regards, Kári.

Billy26F5

Post #9 by Billy26F5 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:26 pm

The oil capacity is 43 gallons, but many run much lower, however you should still be prepared just in case. The main strainer is as shown, I can't see one in the Mk1 (but from your description I don't think you have a Mk1). The steering strainer is between the grille and radiator (and as mentioned not all Mk2's have them) and the return filter is behind the door ahead of the RH mudguard. If you're just replacing the return filter be ready for the gallon of oil that will pour out, and ensure you don't let it all out. I recommend you check everything is on properly too and that no hoses are leaking (a very rare occurence without spending lots of cash!), as leaks can affect some things. I also recommend you look at the manual (on the forum in the downloads section) as that will help a lot.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Topic author
Garethsorgo

Post #10 by Garethsorgo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:28 am

Thanks will have look Sunday evening

Return to “Excavators”