JCB 3CIII tapping to run accessories

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Jim Beagley

JCB 3CIII tapping to run accessories

Post #1 by Jim Beagley » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a hyraulic outlet on my trusty JCB 3CIII to run accessories. I would like to run a logsplitter off it if possible. Ive had a quick look and I can't see anything obvious. Are there good places to tap into for the feed and return?

Topic author
Jim Beagley

Re: JCB 3CIII tapping to run accessories

Post #2 by Jim Beagley » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Would this point work? I’m guessing it’s for testing the hydraulic pressure?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:41 am

Jim, I am no hydraulics expert but that looks like a quick hitch for a hydraulic hose, however there is no return so I am guessing and I may be wrong here that connection may be used for measuring the pressure from the pump? If it was for a take off you would still need a return.

Jeremy

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi Jim,
It's a long time since I played with one of these.
You can tap into the system anywhere on the pump delivery line shown in your pic. Trace it through and find the easiest place to "T" in.

The line runs from the pump to the loader valve block which also houses the main relief valve. It runs on from there by way of the high pressure carry over tube, (pipe), to the right hand end, (looking with your back to the engine), of the digger valve block. That may be a good place to tap in.

The return, (exhaust oil pipe), should be connected into an original return line to insure that oil returns to the reservoir through the return line filter in order to protect your system.

There is an exhaust oil line running from both the loader valve block and, if I remember rightly, the left hand end of the excavator valve block.

You will need a pair of self sealing couplings to connect your splitter lines.
Good luck.
Fred.

Return to “Excavators”