Gopher Boss or 5 Star Owners?

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Diggerpete1961
Flag: Great Britain

Gopher Boss or 5 Star Owners?

Post #1 by Diggerpete1961 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 pm

By any chance does anyone on here own a Gopher Boss or 5 Star 180 Degree small towable machine. I have one to restore but need measurements of the missing slew kingpost - It is the model that uses 60mm bore rams. It is at the base of this page http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/gopher_towable_diggers.htm
This part was prone to fail - it must have on mine & the previous owner cobbled a slew system of a larger Twose farm backhoe - thus destroying the balance of the machine, & the man no longer rotates behind the hoe - meant to act as a 'human counterweight'
Only difference between the two is that the 5 Star has powered wheel motors & the Boss does not (similar to Powerfab)

Also does anyone have to hand an ISO quickfit female coupler (Pref a 3/8) I have some O ring seals to suit - There is also a white nylon back up washer - I wish to know the correct order of the O ring and washer - Looking in from the open end & nearest to the ring of locking ball bearings.

Thanks, Pete

Topic author
Diggerpete1961
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Gopher Boss or 5 Star Owners?

Post #2 by Diggerpete1961 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:30 pm

I have now pretty well finished the restoration, before & after pics below. Everything painted black I have fabricated/machined myself. The breakthrough came with me contacting a fellow owner in Southern France. This gave me the pin centres I needed. Machine now dry & all functions operate.

Return to “Excavators”