Jcb 3c mk2 no steering any info much appreciated

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
Liam3030
Flag: Ireland

Jcb 3c mk2 no steering any info much appreciated

Post #1 by Liam3030 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 am

Hi everyone, if any one can point me in the right direction as to what to check next. I've a jcb 3c 11, I only bought the machine a few weeks ago. It was in need of a lot of work as it had been left parked up 20 years plus.
I've done a lot of work to it so far, and have it starting on the button.. Starts on half a turn.. And the engine runns very smoothly.. Ive drained the hydraulic tanks, cleaned the strainer in the tank underneath the step. Replaced the hydraulic filter the the filter housing where top it up with hydraulic fluid. All the hydraulics are working good, except the steering.. Ive no steering working at all. I've hydraulic oil coming up plessey steering unit... But no hydraulic oil coming leaving the steering unit.... Can any one point me what to check next. Any info is much appreciated. Thank u
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Jcb 3c mk2 no steering any info much appreciated

Post #2 by topkit » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:04 am

On 3C and 3D mk2 & 3 it's usually the orbital steering valve that packs up and leaks, I would contact Simon Vicary just google Vicary JCB and his website will come up, he breaks machines and is very helpfull.

Return to “Excavators”