SACRIFICE to the HYMAC Gods

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

SACRIFICE to the HYMAC Gods

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:20 am

This is a post I thought would never come from me! I know it's complete sacrilege but I must be getting less sentimental in my old age. The cutters torch has beeen ignighted and some classic metal that was due for refurbishment has been towed off to the rusty grave. :insomnia:

I have been just soooooo busy managing new projects at the landfill Site plus building myself a new house and a hundred other things that I'll not bore use with, has ment that the "injured" machines in my yard have led me to the decision that it's nearly been as profitable to turn them over to the scrap man. None of the machines destined for new bean cans are from my own personal collection and are instead some machines that will require some major transplants like new pumps, undercarriages etc.

With the price of scrap so high at present it makes scence to turn a smaller but quicker profit from these classics rather than spend a small fortune on them bringing them up to scratch and worrying about the after sales if/when something goes wrong :roll:

So heres a few pics of a Hymac 590, MF 400 and JCB 3Cmk1 all in bits - if you're of a nervous disposition please look away now, and please don't have nightmares :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Jeremy Rowland

Re: SACRIFICE to the HYMAC Gods

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:02 am

Ahh Chris now your breakin my heart :cry: always sorry to see an old Hymac bite the dust :cry:

Thanks for posting pics though mate :thumbs_up:

Jeremy

martyn williams

Re: SACRIFICE to the HYMAC Gods

Post #3 by martyn williams » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 am

Sad to see,but you can't save every machine.Apart from scrap prices, there is a lot of money to be made in good reuseable spares for classic machines.
A few years back I was told that there were a load of Drott spares off a machine that had been cut up.To look at the pile it just looked like scrap.But after cleaning and inspecting the pile.I used 90% of it on my restoration projects.
Martyn

Return to “Excavators”