jcb3c111 changing a clutch

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
big arran888
Flag: Wales

jcb3c111 changing a clutch

Post #1 by big arran888 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm

hello anyone on here can give me advice please ? jcb3c111 not sure of age , the dang clutch pedal is flapping up and down no resistance ,so no clutch,...i checked the linkage to where it goes in the housing ,all ok ,so i have now taken the bolts out that are holding the top cover, so i can see inside ,the trouble is it possible to slide that cover over to the left ? or have i got to take the 2 solid hydraulic pipes that run over the top of it first? ?? ? anyone on here changed a clutch on one of these old girls ,thx in advance carl lloyd

SiH
Flag: France

Re: jcb3c111 changing a clutch

Post #2 by SiH » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,
I unstuck the clutch on my 3c2 recently, and the cover can go over to the left between the chassis and the engine,but it was bit of a wrestle! You have to undo the clamps for the pipes,then you get a bit more clearance,but it's not the easiest I've worked on access wise. Download the workshop manual if you haven't already- it's helped me loads,and no doubt always will,as will the guys with real knowledge on here too. ;)

hubert

Re: jcb3c111 changing a clutch

Post #3 by hubert » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 pm

A long time since I changed the clutch on a 3c111.From memory I removed the battery box then get those pipes out of the way. The top half of the clutch housing can be removed. There is a collar on the spigot shaft when the bolts or pins are removed can be slid out of the way allowing the clutch assembly to be removed without having to split the engine and clutch housing like has to be done on a tractor. Sorry this is a bit vague.

Return to “Excavators”