JCB 805B serial location and One or two other points

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
perdixrouge

JCB 805B serial location and One or two other points

Post #1 by perdixrouge » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi folks,

Anyone know where I can find the Machine Serial Number Plate on the above machine? Also, there is an electrical rocker switch adjacent to the main Hydraulic filter, but the label has worn away....anybody know what is does?
Are the bucket pins officially 60 or 65mm, and should the dipper arm be bushed for them?
Finally (for now) any info on the bucket hook-up dimensions - distance between pins, width between ears etc?

Oops.... one more - Anyone have access to any Operator/service/Workshop/parts manuals by any chance?

I have got an original parts manual for a Hy-mac 580Imperial, (with the early flat tracks) for machine number 581011217, with letters dated July 1966 giving updates, which came to me with a Hymac I bought recently. The machine itself seems to be a later 580(B?) although I can't find a serial number anywhere.
If any info from this is helpful to anyone, let me know. I will probably sell the machine on soon, and the book also I guess.

Cheers,

Peter

Jeremy Rowland

Re: JCB 805B serial location and One or two other points

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Peter if your Hymac has flat pads and the undercarriage is recessed by the drive sprocket then the machine is a 580B if it is a flat pad machine without that detail then its an older 580 which I suspect that you have. If the digger has chain pads then its a 580BT or 580C.

Jeremy

usedjcbdave
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by usedjcbdave » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:20 pm

You might find the 805B serial number stamped onto the cast slew ring under the base of the boom rams.

Topic author
perdixrouge

Post #4 by perdixrouge » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Dave, many thanks for that............I shall have an investigation under the junk thats accumulated there!

Peter

Topic author
perdixrouge

Post #5 by perdixrouge » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Another question for you, folks :) Been having a fiddle trying to get the powerslide to slide on my 805BT. After much effort bashing the dipper arm into immovable objects to get it to move with no luck, I have discovered that the lock release lever in the cab was not rotating the valve - just the lever bending! (Thought it was a bit stiff!!) Whilst freeing that up, I note that there is a small red plastic knob/button close to the lever, set into the cab floor just rear of the seat. Said button does not move up or down. Attached to the button, under the cab is another valve, which is linked to the lock release valve by hydraulic pipes in small bore.
Having got the lock release valve to rotate, the slide still doesn't slide. Possibly seized..... or is it something to do with the mystery red button? If anyone out there knows what the red button is for, and wether it should move up/down, I would be very pleased to share in the knowledge!

Cheers, Peter

Return to “Excavators”