Are you impressed or not?

Discuss excavators here

Jason_Hannaford

Re: Are you impressed or not?

Post #21 by Jason_Hannaford » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:08 am

thats not abusing the macine graham.. thats putting it in a awkward spot and gettin the job done. i dont know if you noticed but there isn't a scratch on that machine. i look after it its got 1000 hours on it and i take care of it like its my baby.. but i know what that machine CAN DO without abusing it... and penfold i wasn't digging you either jesus you guys take offence to easy.. i will get some photo's of what i call abuse. i never ment my word against anyone on this site.... but there are abusers out there in the big old world...

d4c24a

Post #22 by d4c24a » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 am

jason i have not said the machine was being abused but you wrote
but if i was lookin for a driver to employe I probably wouldn't ask doug.... As nick said i probably dont know all the facts but neither would a guy standing by the fence watchin what he was doing!!!
so if someone drove onto the site you were on and saw your machine like that what would their first though be ;)
doug is obviously a skilled and competent operator and the dealer must be pleased with him as he is there every year and there is always a big crowd on their stand :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by tctractors » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:11 am

Doug and his wife travel all over the World to do show's, he told me that no one in there right mind would pull stunts like he does on a job site, he always says "work is work and do it right, this is play and show" its what he is paid to do for the Co, he also does an amazing amount of practice to make it all look simple on the day,but even Doug was impressed with the display by the drivers on the Menzi stand (at Bauma) these bits of kit are like a transformer toy with a bucket.

tctractors

essexpete

Post #24 by essexpete » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Yes to the original question.
It is display work and meant to entertain but it must also show the machine in a good light if being pushed to the extremes by a topclass skilled operator. If Doug is the Guy at the Doe show then he does precision as well. See him build a Clay man with different size lumps plus clay drainage tiles just after climbing out of a hole with a slope so steep that the average excavator driver would not be able to contemplate either in or out the cab. Oh dear a little mud on the arse end :roll:
Just 2p from an ammused amateur.

Return to “Excavators”