Hymac 141c

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
jimfoster4
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hymac 141c

Post #11 by jimfoster4 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:52 pm

essexpete wrote:You don't need a long reach for a lot of farm ditches, I clean out most of ours with a mini digger. It is not a lot of money if it works properly.

yep, ive a 3cx and its fine for ditching. Its the cleaning out of an old pond which is now full of bullrushes where a machine with a bit of reach would be useful.

essexpete

Post #12 by essexpete » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:30 pm

jimfoster4 wrote:
essexpete wrote:You don't need a long reach for a lot of farm ditches, I clean out most of ours with a mini digger. It is not a lot of money if it works properly.

yep, ive a 3cx and its fine for ditching. Its the cleaning out of an old pond which is now full of bullrushes where a machine with a bit of reach would be useful.

Yes sometimes that extra reach would be nice :oops:

Managed to clean out a small pond this summer by taking the mini into the bottom and loading on to the telehandler.

Topic author
jimfoster4
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by jimfoster4 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 am

essexpete wrote:
jimfoster4 wrote:

Yes sometimes that extra reach would be nice :oops:

Managed to clean out a small pond this summer by taking the mini into the bottom and loading on to the telehandler.

I'd thought of that but the possibility of death by drowning made me think otherwise :P . I've recently thought of making a boom extension out of strong RSJ with brackets from an old bucket welded on to it and then attaching it like attaching a bucket :doh: . What you think?

Return to “Excavators”