Ackerman 30B

Discuss excavators here

Topic author
tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Ackerman 30B

Post #11 by tctractors » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Cut the JCB thing Martyn, it aint never go'na happen??? back to the Ackerman job, the chap I am sure said 30B? perhapse he realy ment to say 300B, so more to find out? just as a bit of a help to poke my flow meter into the old bird what is the spec, or style of the hose ends BSP JIC SAE??? any ideas plus what would you expect to find at the pump HP side in the way of fittings, as its an old lass I would expect the pumps to be showing a good bit of wear by now, so after a pilot pressure check the flow meter or cycle times usualy show up the true Heart Beat, he did say it was around the 20 tonnish size, how's that compare to the 300B, and sorry for the slow reply but been used as a Taxi Driver (with Benifits) by the Dress wearing section of the " Firm ", been all around Kent??? Dover, Broadstaires, Margate, Ramsgate,Whitstable and Canterbury, in the Cathedral there every week day a different member of the Armed Forces turns up to turn the page of a book with the names of fallen souls from the Forces at 11 am on the dot, it might be a Church but on the walls are reference to just about every Battle site and names of the Dead going back Hundreds of years, its some building with a very moving history that is still going forward.

bigkit

Post #12 by bigkit » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Neversweat wrote::D
bigkit wrote:Thats what I said! :doh:

Pardon :?: :lol: :D

sorry :(

Topic author
tctractors

Post #13 by tctractors » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I spoke again to the owner of the Ackerman, he tells me its a EC230B I think thats about correct??? and is something near a 23 tonner, it is fitted with 3 main pumps and I would think a pilot pump, 3 speed tracking, and the pumps are driven via a gear case like Hitachi, some pressure adjusting detail would be great??? the older style Ackermans had bits of lock wire hooked through the individual circuit relief valves on the valve block with a dial and gauge down by the side of the pilot seat to simply test all functions, he also told me it was 1 of the last built.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #14 by Holger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 am

EC230B might be better! :-)
I will check if we have something in the archives!
Some resources:
How-To

Return to “Excavators”